Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Usage of OOC
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 1:45 am 
Voyager

Now I'm sure you already know this but as i was browsing around these forums seems you're either ignoring that knowledge or just trying to massacre the forums with all sorts of unrelated posts.

If you have any unrelated comments to add to a RP do it on the STICKY MARKED OOC THREAD.
Kunari and Hakuri,this goes especially for you two,as you're the people I'm writing this for,not that others haven't overlooked that aspect of RP.

Use the OOC thread,that's it's purpose.

Thank you for your time!
Malakay

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 2:17 am 
Fellow player

If you RPed more you'd notice that to crate a truly great RP ooc is required. Misconceptions are common even if the RPer wrote books or whatever is the profesional status of an RPer.

If you read the RPs here more you'd notice that Kunari and my ooc's are done much more consideratly and also more ovbiously ooc(seperated from the RPs themselves) than previous posts. If you read the RPs more what we are doing is a major improvement. From what I've seen of the RP forum latly even spam would have been an improvment until Kunari started to post.

You are the RP imm for Zeno's sake(god's sake but in character)! You should be encouraging the little RP we have going instead of telling us off for trivial things such as discussing the RP. Yes, there is one thread in which the ooc has overtaken the RP, ONE, and it would if I wasn't expected to be the only one RPing in it. However, I don't see you RPing AT ALL, let alone in that particular thread.

The way I see it a person is only allowed and repected as an authoraty in any RP forum on any website IF and WHEN then too RP.

Oh, and RPing while refusing to give anyone else a chance to RP with you, while spreading it among many posts, hence being rude, and occasionally god-moding to prevent someone from forceing thier way into your story is NOT RPing. You make it one big post or make it ovbious that it is a story for that one person alone. (Something Tabatha seems to understand better than you.) RP is a few people writing a book or story together. They have to talk, keep the stoies seperate and usually need to have more than one PC (player character) and a bunch of that PC's NPCs. *cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 11:00 am 
Voyager

I do encourage RP,i also encourage correct RP and while indeed most of your OOC comments are notably isolated from the rest of the post and while we all agreed at some point that that would be an acceptable compromise from the OOC thread,I've seen some completely random posts that have nothing to do with the RP in question.For instance the one where someone "murders" the RP ...

This thread is directed towards those completely unrelated or otherwise unisolated posts that people have written or might write.Consider it a reminder if you will.And excuse me,but i doubt that in a book you'll find random or off topic discussions.
For instance the RP with Anorant is flooded with unrelated/unisolated comments.

It's not my intention to discourage or to criticize without any reason.I want to talk to you guys to understand why you did it,what you where thinking and maybe to work out a convenient solution that's agreeable for all.

My wish is that you cease with all the random off topic stuff in threads and use the OOC thread whenever you have an impulse to say something unrelated,that's all.

Malakay

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 10:01 pm 
Fellow player

That 'I murdered this thread' post was to add a post to the thread in the hopes of getting people to see it and gain intrest in continueing or joining the RP.