Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Super Boss - Alexander Leon [CANCELLED]
PostPosted: December 1st, 2009, 6:39 pm 
Fellow player

That's right! After so many long years, and time spent away, I plan on making an official (not like that which Sato and Zeke made =P ) Alexander boss that will test players in all aspects possible. I am currently brainstorming the ideas for this fight, but I will say it will involve a number of phases which will live true to the themes of the MUD. Also, something everyone can come to appreciate... Salvation and Destruction will become available to players. But only through much labor! I've said enough, for now. I will share more at a later date. Stay tuned!

This project has been cancelled due to changes brought forth by new content areas. In particular, Panther Region, Foreboding Region of Kasai and the future area; The Castle in the Sky.

Last edited by Alexander on March 5th, 2013, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Under Development: Super Boss - Alexander Leon
PostPosted: December 1st, 2009, 10:33 pm 
Voyager

Actually it was Sato and Slaer, but I can't wait!

PostPosted: December 1st, 2009, 10:34 pm 
Voyager

Are Salvation and Destruction going to be one of a kind? And the Alexander mob should be fluent in all skills. I would want a full fight

PostPosted: December 4th, 2009, 12:53 pm 
Fellow player

saro wrote:
Are Salvation and Destruction going to be one of a kind? And the Alexander mob should be fluent in all skills. I would want a full fight

Salvation and Destruction are going to be unique to players, however, due to story-line reasons they cannot be "the only one". What will happen, depending on the outcome of the fight, Salvation or Destruction will "shatter". The fragments will be acquired by whoever loots them and they will be able to "rebuild" either Salvation or Destruction. The swords, naturally, will only be a portion of what they originally were. However, they will retain some of their skills, such as Destruction's "Mind Shatter."

As for Alexander himself, he will be fluent in all skills, depending highly on what form he takes on. By default, he will be a balanced fighter, juggling between the powers of Salvation and Destruction to best his foes. Once driven into his Youkai (berserk), he will change his tactics drastically. He will become enraged, and randomly change between targets. His use of Sankon Tetsusou and Hijin Ketsusou will perhaps double, if not triple, and he'll aim for nothing more than the throat so to speak. If he goes into his Youkai (controlled) form, he will act similar to this, periodically enraging (gaining a boost to his base damage) and focusing fire (unless he has irrational bloodlust for certain other people in the room.)

The fight, however, won't end there...

After being bested, Alexander may come to his senses and reveal his Shinigami form, OR a Vizard form. Either form will obviously take place in the form of spiritual combat. He'll still wield either Salvation or Destruction, and will treat them as a Shinigami or Vizard would treat their swords. In either of these forms, Alexander will be fluent in Kidou spells and abilities and even have "unique" abilities of his own which he will showoff during the fight. Beware of Shikai and especially Bankai, as they will alter the fight drastically.

Another form, which will perhaps be my favorite and I am sure many other's... Alexander being overwhelmed by a dark presence, an inner hollow. This phase is still being determined whether it will partake as an alternative to the Shinigami or Vizard forms, OR if it will serve as a climax to the battle in either form (which makes more sense.) However, I do know that this form will not involve any form of Spiritual combat. It'll be much similar to Berserk Youkai Alexander, however, not entirely. He'll be less random, more intelligent and all at the same time more brutal. Using Hollow-like abilities to decimate his foes, like Cero, this phase is anticipated to be the most difficult to overcome.

... That's the concept I have so far. I'll be willing to share more as I continue to brainstorm.

On a side note, as some of you may have anticipated, this will be a highly group encouraged fight.

Stay tuned to learn more later!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2009, 11:27 pm 
Fellow player

Thats cool Alex, but what about Protective stance?
Are you meaning randomly changing it's focus on other characters similer to "WOW" when somone else deals more "dps" and pulls agro? from the player in Protective stance?

All I know is I want a go at your mob, lol.
Are you going to put him in a new area that your working on or one that is already in the game?

I'm sure I will think of more questions as you progress further into his creation.

Keep up the good work Alex... :)

PostPosted: December 5th, 2009, 12:38 am 
Fellow player

Sabaku wrote:
Thats cool Alex, but what about Protective stance?
Are you meaning randomly changing it's focus on other characters similer to "WOW" when somone else deals more "dps" and pulls agro? from the player in Protective stance?

All I know is I want a go at your mob, lol.
Are you going to put him in a new area that your working on or one that is already in the game?

I'm sure I will think of more questions as you progress further into his creation.

Keep up the good work Alex... :)

No-- the MUD doesn't support "threat" or "hate" the way some MMOs do. What will be happening is slightly different. Depending on a designated %, the mobile will focus on another target. Whoever is familiar with Krog from Kasai, his random charge is what will be taking place in the Alexander fight.

As for his location, it is still undetermined. However, odds are he may be summoned.

Post subject: Re: New Super Boss - Alexander Leon [in development]
PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 7:37 pm 
Fellow player

Ohh, alright thats cool.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 2:51 pm 
Fellow player

The concept of this fight will be undergoing some possible changes to fit the Redesign: The Foreboding Region of Kasai change.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 9:41 pm 
Fellow player

so what about the threatscore being added, with that determin anything on the fight now?

PostPosted: April 6th, 2010, 2:08 am 
Fellow player

Sabaku wrote:
so what about the threatscore being added, with that determin anything on the fight now?

Threat score will be able to definitely determine the outcome of the fight, but due to the nature of this NPC, it is not something that will be easily gauged. This NPC will require a number of people to down, as it will be the very first NPC ingame that will be a constant Super Boss.