Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Healing Staves vs Lethal
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 12:55 pm 
Fellow player

As it stands, people are capable of healing others who are lethal with stave spells without having to toggle lethal themselves. This, clearly, is not meant to be since players are required to go lethal to heal other lethal players with basic human spells. Because of this, one of two things may happen:

1.) Healing Stave Spells will require one to be lethal to use at any time.

OR.

2.) You will only be able to heal non-lethal targets while non-lethal or lethal targets while lethal with healing stave spells.

I am more inclined to the first option, due to the nature and potency of these spells. After all, I seek diversity and this will give people second thoughts on using these powerful healing spells.

Post subject: Re: Healing Staves vs Lethal
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 3:45 pm 
Fellow player

Character name: Futch
One does not have to be lethal to use the heal spell, so option 1 is not consistent with the heal spell.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 4:17 pm 
Fellow player

Futcher wrote:
One does not have to be lethal to use the heal spell, so option 1 is not consistent with the heal spell.

Nor did I say it was. Regardless, it is still an option for me to consider.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2013, 10:22 am 
Fellow player

I think option 2 will be the best one. Not sure if this is still and issue.

My reason:

There are people who enjoy PvE only and like to group up with people. These groups usually consist of a damage dealer and someone who heals. This would force people interested in PvE into lethal/PvP, who just want to enjoy the areas. Option one is forcing people into PvP when they wouldn't want to, thus limiting groups.

Downside: There are people who PvE and use shards and are lethal.

-----

Another option:
Not sure if it's possible but to NOT allow the staves to be used to assist players in PvP combat unless they are lethal themselves. Much like many games. Though I'm not sure if the game considers PvP and PvE combat two separate combat types.

Could an ifcheck be inserted to see if the target person the healer is trying to heal is fighting another player?

Something like:
if player($n)==lethal
break

or something. I'm completely wrong on the commands here, but there should be some way to tell.

For example:
Billybob is attacking Bobbilly
Kyokyo goes in and tries to heal Billybob, but isn't lethal. A warning command like.
"Billybob is currently in combat with Bobbilly, you'd need to be lethal to heal him!"

PostPosted: April 24th, 2013, 9:09 pm 
Fellow player

Kyokyo wrote:
I think option 2 will be the best one. Not sure if this is still and issue.

My reason:

There are people who enjoy PvE only and like to group up with people. These groups usually consist of a damage dealer and someone who heals. This would force people interested in PvE into lethal/PvP, who just want to enjoy the areas. Option one is forcing people into PvP when they wouldn't want to, thus limiting groups.

Downside: There are people who PvE and use shards and are lethal.

-----

Another option:
Not sure if it's possible but to NOT allow the staves to be used to assist players in PvP combat unless they are lethal themselves. Much like many games. Though I'm not sure if the game considers PvP and PvE combat two separate combat types.

Could an ifcheck be inserted to see if the target person the healer is trying to heal is fighting another player?

Something like:
if player($n)==lethal
break

or something. I'm completely wrong on the commands here, but there should be some way to tell.

For example:
Billybob is attacking Bobbilly
Kyokyo goes in and tries to heal Billybob, but isn't lethal. A warning command like.
"Billybob is currently in combat with Bobbilly, you'd need to be lethal to heal him!"

Yeah, I concur. It adds more lines of progs to check, but it should be easy to manage.