Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bleach theme; feedback?
PostPosted: June 7th, 2006, 4:32 pm 
MUD Owner

As most of you know, we are considering incorporating the Bleach anime theme into the MUD. From the official announcement:
Quote:
We are also currently considering something quite unique for the future.
That would be the installation of an entire new theme to the MUD. This
does not mean any InuYasha features will be replaced, rather the new theme
would simply be added into the MUD. And that new theme we are thinking about is...
Bleach.
That's right. Our last poll asked how many people knew about the Bleach anime/manga,
and the outcome was quite impressive. Over 60% of the people knew what it was.
Which is great, considering the anime isn't even out in the US yet. It will be coming
to Adult Swim this Fall though. Remember we are (so far) only thinking about it.

But in the end, it is the players decision. I would like as much feedback as possible, if you want this to happen or not. If you say "I don't want this" then please explain why. You don't need to explain why you if want it. That's obvious; new areas, new races, new items, new NPCs, new skills, demon arts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2006, 7:10 pm 
Fellow player

I only know a bit bout Bleach but id like to see the theme put in. More stuff for us to do so we do get bored so quickly is how i see it =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2006, 12:56 am 
Fellow player

Alright, here goes... First of all, I LOVE Bleach. Great anime, kudos to Ryo for introducing it to me. Very unique, fun, and very interesting in many areas. it becoming a new addition to Zeno's work would be great. That would be the second MUD Zeno picks as a theme which people have not bothered with yet. It would certainly give us ALOT more to do, and more fun for us. More fun means people staying, logging on more often, and alot more of goodies. It would go greatly with places such as MudConnector, in the MUD description, attracting more players, builders and so forth, and in the long run, it would privilage the MUD itself. Now, here is an issue with this, this means Zeno would have to split the time between the two themes, (InuYasha and Bleach). And no offense, Zeno, but as far as this goes, we already lack enough builders, and at this pace, with InuYasha only, it feels like we're moving VERY slowly, adding one more theme would/might put us at a complete halt. I personally, don't like the idea of the MUD slowing down more than what it is, especially now. I don't know, maybe I'm talking a bit too much, but it is my personal opinion, we're (the MUD) developing VERY slowly. But again, I would love it very much to have a Bleach theme, ESPECIALLY if Zeno is behind it all. It would be the first Bleach theme released to the MUD world, and surely it would make things interesting. Anyways, I keep this up and I'll go in circles, I'll leave the rest up to everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2006, 10:00 am 
MUD Owner

Quote:
Now, here is an issue with this, this means Zeno would have to split the time between the two themes

InuYasha would be a priority.

Quote:
Zeno, but as far as this goes, we already lack enough builders

We won't be doing Bleach areas until certain IY areas are done. Newbie areas, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2006, 3:19 pm 
Voyager

Back up, are you saying your going to transform rooms into Bleach while the mud is still up? Also, is Bleach POPULAR? Third, I agree that if we do this that we should seperate the too and make IYG part Fuedal only, seeing as thats the one you see the most in the shows

I however have a no vote to this. But, I gotta see the series first :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2006, 5:20 pm 
MUD Owner

Nothing will be transformed, rather just added. No content will be replaced.

The anime is only in Japan right now and is very popular in both Japan and everywhere else. The manga is being released in the US. Look at this for Bleach stats:
-#4 on the Most Users (animdb)
-#22 on Top Rated (ANN)
-#69 on alt Top Rated (ANN)
-#14 on the popular list (ANN)
-#15 on Most Viewed (ANN)
The above are out of every single anime.

Or how about we try a search.
Google wrote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 3,050,000 English pages for Bleach anime OR manga. (0.41 seconds)

Popular? I would think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2006, 8:31 pm 
Fellow player

Ok so this whole bleach Idea, *fft* PERFECT! I mean what could be better. But Alexander is right, It would take alot of builders. And if it came down to it, i would apply, I mean who honestly knows more about bleach then Ryo Alexander And myself!? *FFT* NO ONE lol. but i think its a great idea and im behind it 100% u know being a bleach fanatic and all. (just check out my characters) I have more then plenty of ideas. -.^

---Toushirou
------- Zaraki

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2006, 10:30 pm 
Neo adventurer

Well, I've never actually seen Bleach (I'm so deprived), but I've heard and read very good things about it so I'm definately interested in it being added to the MUD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 7:44 am 
Fellow player

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This whole idea of adding Bleach as a theme sounds more than fine, but it poses many problems (atleast the way I see it). I've told Zeno, I believe Ryo, and maybe Hobson, that adding Bleach is fine, but with its own separate realm. Already, the Shinigami class/race would throw things off balance. Zeno said it would be a human only class (if it were to ever be a class), which I'm all down for. But there where more than humans who were shinigamis (Death God). Tousen's partner, that fox looking guy was a Shinigami, a damn good one if he was a Captain. If you REALLY plan on adding Bleach in mixed with InuYasha Galaxy, you are (we are) gonna have to think up ALOT of ideas on how it would work out. I still feel it would be best for it to be a whole different, separate realm, but Zeno doesn't seem to agree. InuYasha alone is one of the best MUDs (in my opinion) out there. And Zeno making a Bleach MUD, it would mean another great MUD would be under his name. If anything, I suggest you all put more feedback on this. Start Bleach ideas forum somewhere, and get things together. From the looks of it, we're going to need more than just input, obviously, since we're not even sure how this whole new theme being added in would come about. Not even sure myself on how Zeno plans on doing it. So please, cooperate, it only takes a few minutes to submit a comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 10:01 am 
MUD Owner

Nothing is confirmed yet as what we would do.

There may have been more than Humans who were Shinigami, but they certainly were not Youkai and Hanyou from IY. That's an entirely different universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 1:50 pm 
Fellow player

Well,I don't too much about Bleach at all.Just that it's an anime. O.o
I can give it a shot and watch it,but in all honesty well,I like the idea but then I don't.
It's just an in the middle thing.

I would help build but I don't know too much about InuYasha,I've watched alot of episodes but meh.I don't know anything about Bleach and frankly well....I don't know anything about building. T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 8:53 pm 
Neo adventurer

I do not think this is a good idea. Inuyasha Galaxy has a lot of potential to grow and be something much greater. There are so many things you can make and add to the MUD. Maybe in the future it may be better, but not now. It's too early. I'm afraid merging these to completly different stories will make IYG fade. The focus will drift and IYG will be put at a halt. You should stay focused in things to add and improve and keep the idea for another time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2006, 8:58 pm 
MUD Owner

IYG would never halt with the Bleach theme, it'd still be IYG. It has potential with or without the Bleach theme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2006, 11:49 pm 
Fellow player

Zeno wrote:
Nothing is confirmed yet as what we would do.

There may have been more than Humans who were Shinigami, but they certainly were not Youkai and Hanyou from IY. That's an entirely different universe.

Which is fine, but I meant it more as a heads up, for more race selections, Bleach wise. Also, holding off the Bleach theme might not hurt, like Kiba said. InuYasha Galaxy (for me), feels incomplete, it is still missing alot. Many things within the code need to be refined, and added, to make it feel... Fun, if I may. Do no misunderstand though, I am all down for a Bleach theme, and what better person than you, Zeno, as its coder. The first Bleach theme MUD released out there, it will be big, and attract alot of people, them being players, builders and so forth to both IY and Bleach. But ... We really can't determine, we still need more input from IYG players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2006, 11:59 pm 
MUD Owner

Yes I know it'd be better to wait for IYG to progress, but it'd also be better to get a head start on a Bleach theme before:
1.) Other Bleach MUDs start.
2.) The Bleach airs in the US.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next