Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2 Plugins I made especially for BIYG
PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 2:25 am 
Voyager

Ok, I spent the greater part of the last 2 days editing and writing these 2 plugins. One of them puts your health/Jakai/Stamina into a bar that lets you see it like the one on the bottom of screen shot. Also I went about fighting before I took to the screen shot so that everyone could see how it works when you lose all three stats. (I got lucky on that shard, I wasn't looking for it) 8-D

In order for it work correctly your prompt must be exactly like mine. I also use a trigger that isn't shown in the screen shot. The trigger removes your entire prompt from the screen except for the one that is right where you see it on my screen shot. It keeps your screen nice and organized.

inorder to to put in the trigger press: Ctrl+Shift+8
then Click the Add button.
In the Trigger text box type: HP:
Then check these check boxes:
Omit from output
Keep evaluating
Regular expression
Repeat on the same line
then Click the Ok button and then The Close button and you are done setting that trigger.

The 2nd plugin gives you the Window on the top where all of the channels will go. That keeps your main window free of cluter and makes it alot easier to keep up with conversations going on in the mud, while you play. This way you don't have to scroll up from you main window to read chats. Any1 who is lethal knows just how dangerous it can be to scroll up and read text. With this plugin you nolonger have to. All you have to do is resize both windows to fit perfectly and remove a few unnecessary tool bars.

I will give you step by step instructions that you have to be a complete idiot the fuck up. Ok, Now that I've told you what the 2 plugins do. You can decide if you want them or not. Also they have been made to only work with BIYG. You can try and and use them on other muds, but bother asking me how to make them work elsewhere, In fact, Dun bother asking how to make them work anywhere. I am giving you a step by step walkthrough on exactly what to do with them. If you can't get it from that. Then you don't deserver the plugins.

Zeno, If you want to, You have my permission to implement them into the whole "BIYG" client. I think they would make a great accessory. And If you have suggestions on an easier way to distribute these 2 plugins then Suggestions are welcome. Currently I haven't set up to downloaded cuz I haven't looked for a place to do that. So if you want them, Post you email address here and I will send you both plugins and the "idiot proof" read me file that comes along witht them.

Also if there are any other things that you guys would like to have added to your MushClient, let me know, and I will see if I can set it up for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 9:05 am 
Neo adventurer

I'm looking forward to the custom client and plugins.

can you email them to...
arrozar@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 2:07 am 
Neo adventurer

let me get that too? >.>
mortififedsaviors@aol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 4:30 pm 
Fellow player

When you post your e-mail adresses like that they'll get picked up and spamed to death. add a few spaces like:
name @ place.com
or
name [at] aol [dot] com

Post subject: Re: 2 Plugins I made especially for BIYG
PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 10:52 am 
Fellow player

O.O those sound nice... i can hazz???

Lang_345@yahoo.com

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 5:54 pm 
Fellow player

I knew this seemed familiar. Not sure if it is EXACTLY the same but you can find many useful plugins (including one that looks exactly like this) in Nick Gammon's website (author of the MUSHClient). There are a whole bunch of useful plugins that can customize and simplify your MUDing experience. Granted some of these plugins may have to be rewritten to some extend to possibly fit some of BIYG's content, it is not impossible to work with however.

Which brings me to the note, if any of you re-write a plugin for this sole purpose and want to submit it, feel free to do so. But remember to give proper credit to the original author when you submit it. Anyways, without further delay, here is Nick Gammon's website and list of plugins:

http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/plugins/

Enjoy!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 5:54 pm 
Fellow player

is there any way to add a reiatsu bar

and id like to try to use them also my email is

j bogle84@yahoo.com

Last edited by paladine on December 6th, 2010, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 1:43 am 
Fellow player

paladine wrote:
is there any way to add a reiatsu bar

It is surely possible... But right now there is no such plugin. Though I believe I could give it a crack and see how it comes up. I'll keep you informed with how I do.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 2:53 am 
Fellow player

I've yet to come up with an ideal way to properly display a reiatsu bar into this plugin because of the nature of reiatsu. Generally, what the plugin does is take current and base and compares it. Once compared, it determines from 1 to 10 how "filled" the bar displayed will be. However, because the variable used for the reiatsu that is utilized as a resource in the game is generally HIGHER than the base, the bar will not properly function/display.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 3:45 am 
Fellow player

Alexander wrote:
I've yet to come up with an ideal way to properly display a reiatsu bar into this plugin because of the nature of reiatsu. Generally, what the plugin does is take current and base and compares it. Once compared, it determines from 1 to 10 how "filled" the bar displayed will be. However, because the variable used for the reiatsu that is utilized as a resource in the game is generally HIGHER than the base, the bar will not properly function/display.

well thanks for the try

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 2:07 pm 
Neo adventurer

Last response was a year ago.. o_O
I hope you still have them, I'd like to use both of them.

comrade2021@gmail.com