Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Are You a Newb?
A. Yes 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
B. No 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: The Ultamate guide to the IYG MUD!
PostPosted: March 15th, 2006, 10:40 am 
Fellow player

I am making these guides to help the little people in the mud since when i first got here i wasn't really helped the best that i could of been. So i am making these guides to make sure that we have alot of good players. Help me make the Ultamate Guide For newbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2006, 10:24 am 
Fellow player

When you loose all your EQ you might try getting a stick and killing things to get yen and then buyin new stuff i have lost my eq countless times another good tip is too practice strength

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2006, 10:31 am 
Fellow player

And whining will get you no where

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2006, 6:58 pm 
Fellow player

No offence and all, Derius... But a newb can't make a guide for newbs. The things you posted here are like the basics of the basics that even my sister caught on to at the first day of her playing a mud. Guides are being worked on left and right by people who trully do not know a damn thing about the mud. Again, nothing personal, but it's silly for you to sit here and make an attempt at something even you are not good at. You want a guide, newbs? Wait till me, or someone like Ryo, or hell, Simzarian make one. Derius, I'd say you still need to polish your skills at IYG, considering you RARELY even log on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 10:42 am 
Fellow player

I Have prolly been in the hostpital more than anyone on the mud to. I am teaching the stuff that helped ME when I was a newb back in the Day i do need to brush up on my IYG skills. I am trying to help the newbs so that they have alot of health to survive a lil in a fight they may need stats but if they dont have alot of health stats will do NOTHING telling them not to focus health is wrong
since half the people on the mud have did it and are still doing it you are just setting them up for death if you have high health you can get stats better because you can last longer in a fight. Alex please stop interfering and let me do as i wish

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 10:43 am 
Fellow player

i can help but you need to gimme a chance

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 5:07 pm 
Fellow player

Not that I don't already know better than to get into this one, but why exactly can't a newbie help other newbies? Are you afraid that as he learns and shares what he learns some of the other newbies will find out about things that would let them stand a chance against you or, even *gasp*, actually gain an advantage over you?

Personally, I think it's terrific when a player likes the mud enough to want to help out other players, no matter what his/her own skill level. I also tend to think that it's the immortal's place to chastise someone if it needs to be done and that there just may be a slim chance that the immortals of this particular mud may actually know a bit more than even you Alexander and might just be in a better position than even you are to help this Derius along with his self-appointed task should they decide that he's given out any misinformation or that he's failed to dole out all the information they feel he should be. On the other hand, I'll bet even they'd appreciate your efforts considerably more so if you were encouraging and maybe even helping Derius in his endeavors rather than berating him for them.

Now mind you, this is just my two cents on something I'm seeing here that I'd be much more forceful about if it were my mud, but I have my own mud to admin...

Teacher: Smaug Institute - tcdbbs.zapto.org:4218

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 1:07 am 
Fellow player

"Are you afraid that as he learns and shares what he learns some of the other newbies will find out about things that would let them stand a chance against you or, even *gasp*, actually gain an advantage over you?" My answers to that is; No, and no. I'd actually be more... Bold... But for a certain someone, and perhaps myself I'll stop at that. Don't ever misunderstand, I am not 'afraid' for others to gain knowledge of the game itself. On the other hand, I would actually enjoy to see more people have something good to brag about under their belts.

Yer right, it is a wonderful thing when a player tried to make a difference, but coming from Derius I find hard to beleive from personal experience. His changes have all been half-assed. Thus my reaction to all this. Maybe this time he's up to something good, yeah, it's a possibility. But again, so far I see little to no information as to this being an actuall newbie guide that would aid newbie on their first days on InuYasha Galaxy. I'm not saying stop, I'm saying try harder. That's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 10:32 am 
Fellow player

Conner wrote:
Not that I don't already know better than to get into this one, but why exactly can't a newbie help other newbies? Are you afraid that as he learns and shares what he learns some of the other newbies will find out about things that would let them stand a chance against you or, even *gasp*, actually gain an advantage over you?

Personally, I think it's terrific when a player likes the mud enough to want to help out other players, no matter what his/her own skill level. I also tend to think that it's the immortal's place to chastise someone if it needs to be done and that there just may be a slim chance that the immortals of this particular mud may actually know a bit more than even you Alexander and might just be in a better position than even you are to help this Derius along with his self-appointed task should they decide that he's given out any misinformation or that he's failed to dole out all the information they feel he should be. On the other hand, I'll bet even they'd appreciate your efforts considerably more so if you were encouraging and maybe even helping Derius in his endeavors rather than berating him for them.

Now mind you, this is just my two cents on something I'm seeing here that I'd be much more forceful about if it were my mud, but I have my own mud to admin...

What would be the Fucking point of having a NEWB Guide if i was afraid? i admit i am a newb Now because of all the new shit but i wasnt back then i am trying to help people so that we actually keep some people

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 1:33 pm 
Fellow player

Errr, Derius... Yer not reading properly... He was bashing at me, he was praising you. He is asking if I am afraid someone may gain an edge on me for you making your newb guide *snickers* Which if course wont happen... But yeah... Settle down, that's how you lose yer friends, for misunderstanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 3:27 pm 
Fellow player

Alexander wrote:
Errr, Derius... Yer not reading properly... He was bashing at me, he was praising you. He is asking if I am afraid someone may gain an edge on me for you making your newb guide *snickers* Which if course wont happen... But yeah... Settle down, that's how you lose yer friends, for misunderstanding.

*chuckle* You're absolutely correct, Alexander. Though it was, at least partially, tongue-in-cheek and certainly not meant to be mean, but I did have the impression that you wouldn't take offensively but rather as intended. I am glad that you were as perceptive as I'd given credit though, it could've lead to a silly (and one sided) flame war otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2006, 10:34 am 
Fellow player

My bad conner

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2006, 11:45 pm 
Fellow player

Derius wrote:
My bad conner

No worries, Derius. Just make the guide that you think will help folks and then get imm approval before you try to distribute it. Maybe others, even Alexander, will deem to help you if they know more than you.. and asking questions is a great way to get answers. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2006, 1:12 am 
Fellow player

The guy knows what he speaks, Derius. Time wise, I've known you just like any other person. I don't know much of you to go for with anything. Asking questions is always a first step to becoming a great mudder and understanding, hell, this applies everywhere. Without understanding, you cannot get anywhere. Your approach on all this was disorganized, but of course, you, along with anyone else can do better. My advice, play the game more often, learn, test, try new things for all different sides. Then use good ol' Microsoft word and type up something all nice and neat. I'm sure that's bound to turn some heads, even my own for that matter. :wink:

Last edited by Alexander on March 28th, 2006, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2006, 10:20 am 
Fellow player

Alex, i know i dont listen and i know i know i flip out for the littlest kill but i really dont mean to.