All times are UTC - 5 hours

Is this a good idea
yes 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
no 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: PV arena tokens
PostPosted: January 31st, 2007, 8:48 pm 
Voyager

Hey how come tokens drop rarely and you need 100 coppers for a gold? it is really hard for me to even get a silver. I think tokens should drop more often or it shouldent be 100 coppers for a gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1st, 2007, 1:11 am 
Fellow player

I'm thinking of something else...Even if i where to get all the tokes to buy one of those items,what guarantee do i have that someone won't kill me loot it .With the rarity of tokens that would be a devastateing blow...So I kinda agree with yuske on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 8th, 2007, 10:34 pm 
Fellow player

Although it is beyond me now, I did not implement the arena or its tokens to be a walk in the park. They drop so rarely to make you WORK. Something you lazy ass bums can't seem to adapt to. Unless Ryo or Zeno find it fit, which more than likely, they won't, the tokens will remain the same. The items earned through those tokens have NO requirement, and as a whole, I could say, they are perhaps the best items in the game, thus far.

Last edited by Alexander on May 21st, 2007, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: TOKENS
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 9:55 am 
Voyager

Well I just spent close to an hour or two killing the living hell out of the arenas mobiles and only go a single copper token. This is BAD. The arena itself is worth checking out. But you need to be realistic with the damn tokens. -_- 10 copper for a silver, 10 silver for a gold piece... OMFG, all of the items in there are around 5-10 gold tokens. HELLO!!? Nobody in they're right mind would even bother wasting they're time trying to get an item from this place. It would take like 50-100 so crap in hours just go come up with a single gold piece . . . I ask yeah have you seen any players with these items? HELLS NO! That's cuz its so ridiculously close to impossible no one would even waste time to get even the lowest cost prize because of this problem. See I would say I have spent a good 12 hours 'total' killing the crap out this place and I have to show for it is 8 measly copper tokens. BULL CRAP, I SAY! It doesn't matter how good you proclaim these items to be, nobody; not even the bored or most fulfilled player would bother. This system greatly needs improvement. Erm, sorry I ranted a lot. Its been bugging the hell out of me for a long time. I really enjoyed bashing the hell out of the system too.

EDIT!!: I left something out. This system sux! XP

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 12:46 pm 
MUD Owner

*shrug* Rare items are rare items. The MUD has little rare items or skills (IE everyone has hide), so we need more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 1:47 pm 
Fellow player

Yeah but if someone kills you and takes your rare item away,i'm sure the person loosing the item would be ...well,pissed off to say the least :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 3:29 pm 
MUD Owner

Losing items is part of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 3:59 am 
Voyager

Blah blah, all that bashy bashy and it don't even faze yah . . . Screw it. players if your reading this, sell meh your arena tokens! :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 6:17 am 
Fellow player

compare demanding asking

demanding appears worse than asking

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 12:38 pm 
Fellow player

i will sell arena tokens for shards hahahah but yes a rare few of us do have some of the items you have seen in there. also if you are afraid of losing an item dont be lethal, simple you may have to be lethal in the arena but if you look closely you cannot be killed by a mob or player (yes you can die from bleeding to death or maybe poison but you cannot be looted by the player who attacked you) meaning you have plenty of chance to get enough tokens and still keep your items safe. there is no flaws i can see in this save for time factor, it would take a while i agree but uh, who cares? you got tons of time and they are not going anywhere, its good training for your character most of the time anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 4:05 pm 
Voyager

Hells yeah, I would buy them for shards. Maybe..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 5:20 pm 
Fellow player

Aren't there ways around a character being non-lethal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 9:23 am 
Fellow player

no, there is no way to kill a nonlethal char unless they turn lethal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 6:04 am 
Fellow player

Matter of the fact is, like Zeno said, the items gained via tokens are rare. And like I've said before, you'll see even more rare items. It is up to you to work your asses off and obtain them. I won't lower the token drop rates for you guys, simply because you find it "too difficult" to gather enough tokens for one of the items. Lucky for you, I was kind enough to make the mobiles in that arena basically unlimited, so there is never waiting when it comes to fighting in the arena. However, due to the neglect of this fact, I figured basing the mobiles to go by area resets would make it even more of a challenge. It's up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2007, 5:58 pm 
Fellow player

Ok, I can see the arguement from both sides, cuz I have spent alot of time in the Dojo and not gotten alot for my time. so how about this?

let Tseng, Kalay, and Saruwatari drop silver tokens. They have slow respawn times and low drop rates, which means silver tokens would seem a fair drop, and help the players speed up the process.

Just a thought.