All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2005, 10:00 am 
MUD Owner

Elements are already in. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2005, 11:15 am 
Fellow player

yea well we could always use this topic to keep up info and ideas about elementals such like after a certain level u get a strong attack based on ya element and you can create your weapons to work like your element like a flaming demonic or how that ice elemental from the cat demon tribe creates her own weapon from freezing the water vapor in the air into a staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2005, 2:59 pm 
MUD Owner

Skill and weapon elements are already planned.

Also weather affects will be in soon, such as getting hit by lightning. Elements will play a role in this. For example, if you're a lightning element, and you get struck by lightning, it'll heal you. (Or not hurt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2005, 7:41 am 
Fellow player

maybe it will charge u to be in a better fight and make your attacks stronger

idk what you would do for fire elementals but prolly create areas where there are active volcanos or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2005, 4:49 pm 
Immortal

Rocky wrote:
maybe it will charge u to be in a better fight and make your attacks stronger

idk what you would do for fire elementals but prolly create areas where there are active volcanos or something

FYI - IYG does NOT = Yu GI Oh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2005, 7:55 am 
Fellow player

I wasnt thinkin of yu gi oh

I was thinking of some old show i used to watch where these people were strenthend by being in the area of there element ill try to find the show but idk its been a while

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2005, 10:56 am 
MUD Owner

We may have it where you can increase your natural elements power over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2005, 9:04 pm 
Fellow player

Rocky wrote:
I wasnt thinkin of yu gi oh

I was thinking of some old show i used to watch where these people were strenthend by being in the area of there element ill try to find the show but idk its been a while

Megaman: Battle Network had something like that. Might have been what you were thinking of.

As for elements, it might not be a good idea to have minor differences between them. Like later on, have some skills and abilities that set them apart from eachother, instead of minor things like water elementals moving faster in water, etc. We could have a combination of the two, big differences along with small differences. I guess we should lay it all out there and find what we like and get rid of the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2005, 8:04 pm 
I had a thought on this, how about aside from these physical elements, there could also be a set of spiritual elements.
These would be the elements that (acording to the show, and some taoism) are used to make the soul.
I can't remember them offhand, but I think among them are courage, love, strength, and either one or two others. I don't feel like looking it up right now.

The idea is that these elements would have a more subtle effect, but might effect a broader range of skills as well as spells and stances, and maybe even the effects caused by some spells.

I also thought that only Humans would be allowed to pick these elements, and only these elements, since it seems to be mostly the demonic powers that are manifested so physically as to warrant the more physical elements.

This wouldn't nessesarily make humans worthless as mage type characters, they would just have to use certain types of magic more inventively. I also thought that perhaps certain elemental spells could have special effects that can only be activated if the player chooses one of
the spiritual elements.

Sorry for the vagueness of the post, when I first thought of the idea it seemed more straightforward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1st, 2006, 1:06 pm 
i,ve got a question when u fight a creature with same element will u gain life instead of loose it

example:man with fire element fights a fire demon if the fire demon uses a fire attack the man gets life

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1st, 2006, 2:18 pm 
No, because they'd both gain life is it was that way. Both are the same element.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 1:40 am 
Neo adventurer

like totally

Post subject: elemental auras
PostPosted: May 1st, 2006, 6:07 pm 
maybe the elements should be kind of like an aura that surrounds your body. and the wearker you are the weaker your aura, kind of deal. and like every aura has it's weakness and strength.
i dont know it was just a thought. if it sounds good i can elaborate if needed. if not just dismiss it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 9:18 pm 
Fellow player

Auras, no. However, flags enabling messages and effects like fireshield (the one Karan has), would be a nice thing to have. Elemental skills are being planned, but it wouldn't hurt to also start throwing some in soon for 'testing'. Anyways, that was my quick input on the matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 10:17 pm 
Voyager

So, are the element strength/weaknesses the same as Ryo has outlined?

I agree with most he's outlined, except a few.

I believe that Earth should not be weakest against wind, because like. Wind can't really move the Earth, unless it's like, a small pebble, or a really strong wind against a medium boulder (also depending on how dense the earth itself is. User would definately be able to try to condense rock into smaller packages to make it heavier...)

Fire and Lightning v.s. Earth I agree with, since Fire would have to be reeeeeeally hot to actually damage/melt earth... and Lightning doesn't have that large of an effect. I believe that the Ice should be the most damaging, because everyone knows that ice can cause damage to the earth (freezing water inside of it causes expansion, and thus cracking). Water would be the next most damaging, then Wind, then Lightning, then Fire.. Oh, and for note, I believe that Lightning should be called Electricity. That way it's not like they always summon Lightning from the ground, and rather create it (like one would with Fire).

Now. Fire is only good against ice in the sense that it changes its type to water -- technically the person could freeze it again, being able to control ice to make it cold once more... It should be moderate-moderate, because of this. Equal fire and equal ice would result in both dissapating, I'd wager.

As it stands, Wind is the best element because it absorbs three, and isn't only weak against one. Though, it's odd how Lightning feeds Wind, yet Wind is "useless" against it. Oh, and Ice is listed as feeding AND useless against Wind.

Best to Worst with that chart.

Wind -> Electricity/Lightning -> Fire -> Ice -> Earth -> Water.

(Oh, and talk about thread revival =s)