Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bleach Suggestions. (Bleach anime spoiler warning.)
PostPosted: May 15th, 2007, 7:59 pm 
Neo adventurer

First I would like to start by saying, I'm not a coder, but I am aware of things that code is capable of in a MUD, and my suggestions are based on that combined with my knowledge of Bleach. I haven't read the manga, so these ideas -can- be improved, but I'm going to through them out there because everything is helpful.

The first thing I'm going to start on, is Vizard, as a class. Using a D&D term here, I believe it should be a prestige class for living beings who become Shinigami. The way getting into this class works will start with the suggestion that Shinigami, high level ones, get an attack that temporarily shuts off the spirit powers of living Shinigami (Meaning people who didn't become one while originally living in Soul Society).

Once the person's power is shut off, a quest should be taken to get it back (It would be pointless to write the whole quest in public, Zeno can ask for details), which eventually results in the person having to survive possibly becoming a hollow. I figure some automated battle code (Meaning the person not actually using skills or their physical attack power) can be used for the power struggle between the hollow and the person, if they lose the struggle, they become a hollow, which would be a race in its own, and the potential to join the Arrancar class (More on that later).

If the person is successful, they get their powers back, but they also have the added downside of the Hollow taking them over. This would work much like the Honyou's transformation, but you would have the option of doing willpower checks (For lack of a better in game thing to call it) to regain control again. You'd also constantly have the mask in your inventory. When your Inner Hollow takes over for the first time, it'll also use a special attack (Which you will customize yourself, within guidelines listed in a helpfile, to avoid everyone being virtually the same), you'll be able to use the attack, but each time you use it, it will increasingly and permanently (Until gaining the control a Vizard has) raise the chances and duration that your Inner Hollow stays in control. Some people might be tempted to force this to happen, but a thing to remember is, you will -not- be in control, even if you're stronger. You'll act as a lethal NPC with the potential to attack other (Possibly more powerful) people, which you really don't want to be a permanent thing.

Once you're nearing the end of your class progression, you will have to do another class quest to actually progress in the class, this will be to gain control of the Inner Hollow. Ideally I wish the Vizard could just be a player run guild to increase RP, but that's not very practical, still, I wanted to throw my thought out there. When the player completes their quest (Another quest which I will detail to Zeno if he asks) to actually gain access to the Vizard test, they will have to fight an NPC version of themselves, which will be the Inner Hollow. To simulate the Inner Hollow superiority, the Inner Hollow's spirit power (Whatever you'll be calling it), and their stamina will be infinite, until you've cut their HP in half, then their stamina and spirit power will also become half (Then acting as normal from there.), and if you win, you gain control over your Inner Hollow transformation. If you lose, just like the first test, you become a Hollow, though to actually be in control of it as a race, you'll have to beat the Vizard NPCs (Which will actually be quite powerful), and if you lose against the NPCs, your spirit becomes purified (Since they -do- use Zanpakto), and you go to Soul Society. You'll still have all your skills and such, excluding Hollow related things. The way I see it, Vizard is a one shot deal.

If you screw up, you still have the option of continuing your progression as a normal Shinigami, minus Kidou, which is the last thing I have to add for Vizard; Shinigami who start as living beings, don't learn Kidou, because they never actually went to the academy or had the proper training. And this leaves options to make Vizard more open ended without making it unbalanced, unless Zeno doesn't think there would be a balance issue, but that's my opinion. I'm open to Vizard not being as harsh as a one shot deal, but as I said before, these are just suggestions, change them as you see fit. When I go about designing these kinds of things, I'm usually thinking more in terms of story and RP, and not really a non-RP environment, which is why I'm just sticking to how I would originally design these classes, instead of attempting something I know I have no experience with.

Now, Arrancar is a bit more simple of a class to explain, and I will also be explaining the Hollow race here. Provided that you 1. Died (As a living person and not a person who belongs to Soul Society) and didn't immediately revive (Since that is how a MUD works) you'll become a Plus, and slowly start to make your change into a Hollow. You do keep your previous skills if you become a Hollow, you will no longer eat food, but you'll eat souls, which will be NPCs in the living world that can only be seen by Hollow and Spiritually Awakened Humans. As a Hollow, you will be considered lethal to Shinigami, and vice versa (While the Shinigami is outside of their doll, this rule also carrying over to Vizard). Though Hueco Mundo will be extremely hard for a Shinigami to survive in, as Soul Society would be for a Hollow (If either figured out how to get to the other place), to make up for the 24/7 lethalness, and give a secure place to train and level up.

To get into the Arrancar class wont be entirely complicated, just requiring a very difficult quest, to make up for the lack of an actual test like Vizard has. The Vizard, Shinigami, and Arrancar should have customizable powers, though when a person starts customizing their powers, it -should- be a rule that all the powers have to fit the general theme of the character's Zanpakto. Arrancar transformations are exceedingly easy to figure out.

For the customization of powers and transformations, I can't say much on what's acceptable, but some options I would like to list are, elements of course, stunning, physical and spiritual strength, short range or long range attack, gravity or pushing/pulling effects, draining, non-lethal or healing effects, status effects, effects that give stat penalties, and effects that somehow increase or lower your own stats.

Now as an example of the last paragraph, I will explain how the proposed customization system would be used to recreate Ichigo's Bankai transformation. If it used the proposed system in the MUD, would greatly raise his Agility and Vigor, at the cost of each of his normal attacks taking away from his spiritual power. Meaning he loses both spirit power -and- Stamina at the same time, in exchange for these benefits, and unlike a normal Bankai, doesn't actually get a special attack because of these choices.

Lastly, are a few Shinigami suggestions. As I said before, there would be two ways to get Shinigami powers. One would be, if you're alive, you do a quest to get the Shinigami powers, minus Kidou. The other is, you're already a Soul Society being, which would allow you to do some kind of Academy quest, and you also get Kidou.

A living person who becomes a Shinigami, is a spiritually awakened person, this is also a proposed racial sub class, which would come with the ability to see spirit NPCs and such. If you don't take the Shinigami powers, you eventually automatically develop powers like Chad and Orihime, but you don't get these powers if you become a Shinigami (At least that's how I would do it, another thing which is open to change.)

I would also like to say that, since I'm sure the question will come up; Yes a Hanyou can still have his Hanyou transformation, but the Vizard transformation would override that, since it's a sentient transformation and the Hanyou one is more instinctive. The Inner Hollow has an understanding of how to control the person completely, this would mean it also has a form of Controlment. Though for code purposes, only one transformation happens at a time, they don't stack.

Well that's it, again these are just suggestions, everyone feel free to pick at them as much as you want, it'll get more done, and I'm willing to help flesh everything out. These suggestions have huge holes of incompleteness, but I think they should be helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2007, 1:58 am 
Fellow player

WHAT PART OF NOT ENOUGH BUILDERS IN EVERY OTHER FREAKING THREAD AND THE FACT THAT YOU ARE PROPOSING NOT JUST 3 NEW LARGE AREAS BUT 2.5 COMPLETLY NEW WORLDS BE BUILT DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND?!?!?!??!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2007, 5:54 am 
Neo adventurer

I'm not sure where you got three areas from. Soul Society is already planned, we already have a human world, and if I become a Builder I can already do a good portion of this work. Sooo... you have no idea what you're talking about 0_o.

But good luck with that whole typing in all caps and attempting to slow the progress of the game due to lack of knowledge of building and not being able to comprehend how small or huge a project is.

Btw if you were going to "yell" at something, it would be the proposing of basically 5 or 6 classes, since the classes would be harder to do than the area building. I just thought I'd help you out with knowing which thing I said was most rediculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2007, 12:34 pm 
MUD Owner

Hakuri wrote:
WHAT PART OF NOT ENOUGH BUILDERS IN EVERY OTHER FREAKING THREAD AND THE FACT THAT YOU ARE PROPOSING NOT JUST 3 NEW LARGE AREAS BUT 2.5 COMPLETLY NEW WORLDS BE BUILT DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND?!?!?!??!!!

Erm. That doesn't mean he can't suggest ideas.