Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Racial Skill Thread
PostPosted: May 27th, 2005, 7:17 pm 
Immortal

In this thread I want you all to come up RACIAL skills. Yes this is skills for Human, Hanyou and Youkai to utilize. These skills should have NO connection to CLASSES. These are skills that shall be learned by the members of the given race w/o any connection to a class. That said I do not want to see any healing skills or sense shard skills in this list. What I want is a thoughtout idea of what each of the races needs in order to be true to the races. That said we also need to make sure the races are balanced. So I don't want to see skill ideas for Hanyou and Youkai only. We need them for ALL THREE RACES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2005, 2:21 pm 
Immortal

Tried to come up with three for each, but Youkai fell short because I thought up skills for the subraces (which hanyou MAY or MAY NOT get depending on their parentage etc. - would be up for debate amongst immortals).

Youkai - Advanced Demonic Regeneration - would be the current version of Demonic Regeneration

SUBRace specials:
Insect - web - creates a sticky coating on target doubling movement costs
Mammallian (Dog/Cat/etc) - Fangs/Claws - Sharp teeth and claws are used to attack, granting innate bite attack and Dokkasou
Bird - Fly, possible whirlwind
Fish/Amphibian - Water-breathing (can't drown)
Reptile - Toughness - higher natural AC

Elemental - (using stock spells obviously)
Fire - Burning hands
Air - Shocking Grasp
Earth - Acid Blast
Water - Chill Touch

Hanyou - Demonic Regeneration - Half of current for Youkai

Blades of Blood (I forget the Japanese version - Sensou Tetsukou or something like that)

Rend - Claw attack causes continued bleeding of target

Human - Meditation - Humans are able to clear their minds better than Youkai or Hanyou, and are thus able to more quickly regain their mental composure. Aids Jakai regen.

Weapon mastery - Since Human hands tend to be more agile than Hanyou and Youkai claws, and are therefore more dextrous, Humans are more capable with all types of weapons in general, and have a %% chance to use any weapon they find as if they were practiced at 30%, even untrained.

Bandage - Due to the fact that humans have identical anatomies, they are able to bandage themselves and other humans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 4:38 pm 
Immortal

Figured out another one for Youkai :)

Mesmerize - chance to dazzle victim, failure initiates combat. Sufficiently high level youkai have chance to 'charm' victim into following them around (via order commands). Charm function would not work on PCs (or would for a limited time with a savingthrow granted every time an order is given).

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2005, 10:55 am 
Immortal

Got yet ANOTHER idea - extra limbs. Allow for another attack at reduced efficiency dependant on intelligence/wisdom (mentally able to control X limbs). Youkai/Hanyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2005, 11:05 am 
MUD Owner

We mainly need skills for Humans that can only be used by Humans realistically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2005, 5:32 pm 
Immortal

Humans??? Hm...

Maybe instead of a lot of racial skills, just let humans transcend with out a shard... :wink: (Not gonna happen....but fun to dream :) )

Here's an idea - stolen from Vampire: the Masquerade (among other games)
Humans can choose from a list of pros and cons during creation that not only help define their character, but allow for stat modifications within realistic boundaries.

Example -
Con -
Blind - 2 point flaw - can't see, can't have 'cure blind' cast on you.
One-eyed - 1 point flaw - limits vision for skills such as survey and ranged attacks
Deaf - 2 point flaw - can't hear anything, including says. Can hear tells and global channels that aren't vocal (Can't hear shout but can here chat).

Pro -
Heightened senses - 2 point pro - (available only to those with the flaw Blind or Deaf) - Due to the lack of one sense, the others are heightened to compensate. Blind individuals with this pro gain listen at perfect innately while those who are deaf get innate detect hidden and/or search.
Specialize - 1 point pro - you specialize in wielding one type of weapon, such as swords versus daggers or spears. Gives bonus to hit with weapons of that type, perhaps small damage bonus due to increased accuracy at hitting vital spots.

Etc.

Some pros and cons could be taken more than once, for ex. taking blind con and then specializing in swords and daggers.

Wouldn't be available for youkai and hanyou because they can regenerate, attach body parts from other creatures, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2005, 12:14 am 
Neo adventurer

Humans seem a bit underpowered...

How about more weapon-mastery skills? Things like "whirlwind", massacre with a sword...backstab, some poisons to use...that sort of thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2005, 9:20 am 
MUD Owner

The problem is what's stopping Youkai or Hanyou from getting that move?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2005, 2:05 pm 
Neo adventurer

I Think There should be a "Secret skill" That make A Powerfull Blast Of Fire Blast into the "Victim" Killing or damage then into another room and if they have a shard the flame takes away the shard it has,Against a player it would be like the 'secret skill" Dragrath arm that would send the fire damaging the person and a 20 percent chance of taking the shard since the skill is going to be at a very high level

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2005, 11:59 am 
Neo adventurer

Humans should be allowed 3 weapon focuses, which means that there are three weapon types they are adept at, sort of like the Demon SLayer Clan's members each were adept at different weapon which gave them the edge on demons.

SO when a player creates, they can have something like the demons have, which is a setform, and their will be a setfocus, and they can choose which weapon they will be adept at, and which ones they are better at. The focus should give them better damage, and depending on the weapon, a chance to remove some body parts.

EDIT: Oh and what makes it so that demons dont get this is that demons grow up usually using their bodies as weapons before they adopt actual weapons, if ever they decide to use weapons. Humans grow up learning with weapons, and due to their discipline with the mind, they should be able to master a few weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 29th, 2005, 6:19 pm 
Fellow player

try something more like humans having enhanced chi manipulation which increases the effectiveness of skills using chi such as healing and the like since it seems humans tend to have a better connection with spiritual powers then hanyou or youkai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2006, 3:40 pm 
Immortal

OK
If we impliment Bleach abilities the way I would like to do it leaving things open for everyone to become one or the other we will then SERIOUSLY need to create some skills for HUMANS to have as their RACIAL skills. We have said over and over again that Healing, Dark Missile, Shard Sensing will all be CLASS skills that are human only. But this still leaves the base Human race with nothing but kick, punch, bite. So come up with ideas of what to give them. My only thoughts are to give them more martial arts fighting skills and even give them trap making and disarming abilities. So come up with ideas people they are needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2006, 7:41 pm 
Voyager

Well, you could make them have what would be basics of the other classes. So, say there's classes... Priest, Wizard, Martial Artist.

Priest would have things like. Cure Light, Cure Serious, Fly, Armor, etc. Wizard would have spells like Dark Missile, Firebolt, Curse, Drain, etc. Martial Artist would have Kick, Punch, Bite, Grapple, Throw, etc. You could make it, however, that Humans can be versatile in the fact that they can learn all the basic skills without actually having to BE the class. As it stands, humans are really capable of learning things that aren't in their profession pretty easily, if they focus on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2006, 3:01 pm 
Immortal

Yes well we aren't looking for class skills we want skills that will be able to stay with the human race as their base skills once we move everything into classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2006, 11:46 am 
Voyager

Don't think you read what I said properly. What I was saying is that they start with some other-wise class-only skills while classless. IE, they don't have to be a Priest to get some lower cure spells, while other races will =P