Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2006, 12:13 pm 
Immortal

Hmm...I suppose that is doable but not quite what we were looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2006, 8:36 pm 
I would have to agree with Ryo on the martial arts. First off, you could start by making their proficiency in hand to hand combat something like 125%, giving them an increased boost in hand to hand combat, this will stem humans away from weapons, and put more focus into human element attacks. Here you would gain a significant boost to certain mobs, because your element overwhelms theres, or you would lose a significant boost due to their element overpowering yours, requiring you to wield a weapon. Also you could increase their proficiency with daggers aswell, since humans don't have in any comparison, the power a demon would with heavier weapons, like swords. Give them a boost in experience gains if you really need to balance them out more.
Teepo

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2006, 9:46 pm 
Fellow player

Because of the knowledge of humans, I always thought their requirements for a level up would always be lower than usual, if not that, then higher exp gains, due to their brains over brawn-like nature. And Youkai, completely opposite. They are naturally powerful, yet take their time in growth.. Hanyou would stand in between this. However, this is just my opinion. Humans always seem to be the natural weak race. But because of this, they should have more 'classes' available to them to make up for it. It also makes sense, in RPG terms. Humans tend to be the most flexible of races, wherever you are from, this is a fact 90% of the time. With more classes, the human race would have more skills available to them. They just have to work for them.

Now, jumping in to the class subject, as I have mentioned before, there should be restrictions applied to the multiclassing system that is currently implied. In example, a human should not be able to go from a 'combatant' like class to a 'healing/magic' like class. If they go down the 'combatant' path, then the other choice of classes would be locked off. Or something. I figured this would be more fair, but again, it is just my opinion. That's all I got for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2006, 2:28 am 
Fellow player

i personally beleive humans are ubered enough, just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2006, 11:20 am 
Immortal

Once a bunch of our system are fully in base humans will have next to nothing so your opinion is wrong for the future. For the moment yes they do have a lot more than others do available to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 5:30 pm 
Voyager

It's kind of hard to come out with any actual mundane combat that a human would necessarily acquire that couldn't be learned by a Youkai and Hanyou since the two are physically much more capable... I think maybe the best thing to do would be to draw on the general frailty of humans as well as the "purity" of their soul for their racial skills. Also... while this may be kind of a fluff skill, they might would have a more advanced cooking skill since most Youkai and Hanyou don't seem to be very picky eaters? I know there's already some of the more purity based healing spells and shard sensing skills... If there's a need for more skills, I guess trying to expand on that would be the most feasible way?

I just thought of something that might be kinda cool... not sure if it's even related or possible or conflicting with the IY setting. What about being able to drink blood from their enemies to help recover? Maybe even a skill related to drinking blood from a still living opponent to sap their strength some. Yeah... here I am giving even more ideas to the Youkai and Hanyou when they're already probably got plenty of ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2007, 11:24 am 
Fellow player

there is a skill like that it is called leach and it helps giy uour help back up and it lowers yours opponents health.

but on to my point, I would like to know if it would be possible for a hanyou to be able to git human skills on there day of the month and only be able to use the skills that they master when they are in there hanyou form and it would be hard to master the skills since you could only use them once a month and i just thought it would be cool cause it would allow a more versatile skill for a hanyou and be able to use at least one youkai skill like riase the controlment thing for hanyou to like 100% and then hanyou be able to control there transformations well i was thinking about so i thought you guys would like to know and well see you all on the mud later. :D

and sorry for no puncuation i am not good at that kind of stuff :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2007, 11:38 am 
Fellow player

ok well for humans if anyof you imms have anyknowledge of martial arts, you could put in like like a form of martial arts like kungfu, akedo,jusutsu of all kinds,
and if you wanted to put it soforth and on you can even make it to where humans could train in all the animal styles of kungfu, tiger crane bear snake. so on and so forth and the make up of your stats affects how well you do in the style of martial arts, ok take crane style for instance fast high agi and they doge, but tiger style is abbout all out attack and for it to be more effective high vig, and well i was just thinkg about stuff and so this is my idea for humans

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2007, 12:41 pm 
Fellow player

humans.....*snarl* i dont see why martial arts would be limited to you humies! hanyou and youkai both could learn these things and if you think that a human wouldnt teach it to a hanyou or youkai well think of it this way. there are demons that can read minds so there! you human favoritist bastages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2007, 9:35 am 
Fellow player

i think hanyou should have a skill called eye of the storm, which makes it so while they are transformed they hit all enemies fighting against them. normal hits like second and third attack i mean, not other skills like sankon or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2007, 12:12 pm 
Fellow player

or not transformed it could also use the elemental powers and it could be like the youkai jaki flare or human dark missil or somthing like that