Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Item crafting suggestions.
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 9:35 am 
Neo adventurer

These are a bit more simple than my last post, so require less detail to write.

First up, I've tried to find out if we had one, and tried searching the files and such, but I'm -pretty- sure we don't have a Crafting system. I'm sure since most games do have them, this would be a simple thing to come up with. And I suggest that demon corpses have materials (Bones, fangs, stuff like that), which of course would mean that the more powerful the demon is, the more powerful the armor/weapon will be. Though I'm thinking that when weaker people use very powerful demon equipment (Which should likely be determined with Int/Wis stats, or (Less practically) Jakai/Chi, and not levels.) they get taken over by it if they lose some kind of roll in the code, each time they pick it up (Not just wield it). If they get taken over by it, they automatically wield it, and possibly go on a killing spree, depending on what remains were used. Of course we could possibly have it so any kind of remains could be used as material, having different effects. Like say you kill a Priestess/Monk, and their bones create some kind of spiritual item.

Now I'm also thinking that there should be some kind of skill to see how powerful a weapon is before you pick it up, kind of like the Consider command, but for equipment, and as a skill which doesn't actually fail, it just gives you the wrong results if it fails. So you might end up thinking a weapon is less powerful than it actually is. I recommend an 85% mastery, or lower. I think this whole thing is much more interesting than simply restricting a weapon by strength, though that -is- needed when a weapon is actually quite heavy.

I also think we should have normal materials, and possibly magical ones, with varying degrees of effects, elemental tendencies, etc. There is a fairly sizable amount of weapon effects in D&D, I recommend using some of those for inspiration. For example, there's one material called Aurorum, when a weapon breaks, you just put the pieces back together and it magically repairs itself, and by the way, this material has the density of steel, which balances out the repairing thing. Also we could use that guy, whose name escapes my mind (The guy who made Tetseiga), to make special weapons, which would be different from the normal ones the players make, but have stricter material requirements.

Another thing, which I think we may or may not have, but I'll suggest anyway, just in case, are item and armor enhancements. They can be either magical or just simple physical enhancements, but they will further broaden the customization of items. Like say, a magical armor enhancement which causes it to be flaming, which don't hurt you, but hurt people who actually land a hit on you. It' wouldn't really be an insane thing, since it wouldn't really do -that- much damage to the person, but it can be very helpful since every bit of damage helps, specially with elemental weaknesses. A good example of a physical enhancement would be something like making a sword extra jagged, so that whenever you land a hit, you could constantly open up a bleeding wound.

Oh and one more off topic thing; I think we should eliminate automatically getting skills as you level up, that or make more skill trainers, not just one guy who teaches the majority of your skills. I can understand stuff like cooking and making fire, but things like Infravision, Hijin Ketsusou, Sankon Tetsusou, Locate Remains, Leech, and Demonic Regeneration, should be more difficult to learn. And that's just from the Hanyou list (Since I'm only a Hanyou currently, can't say anything about the other races.).

That's all for now, I'm working on thinking up ideas for Priestess, Monk, and Quincy classes. If you need any ideas for anything else, feel free to post it and I'll think on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
MUD Owner

If you look around the forums for Blacksmith, you'll see some brief ideas we have on it already. The Blacksmith class is already there and so is creating items, but not yet open to players.