Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just a few things...
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 9:42 pm 
Voyager

First..when I "chant 33 <targe>" I do 2k+ damage..when I "kidou 33 <target>" i do 500-700 damage...I was talking with Alex about it and he said that chanting makes the spell cost less and do more damage, and quickchant is suppost to cost more chi and do half of the chanting damage. If that is right..then it doesn't do that I should be doing 1k+ quickchants instead of 600(on average).. Just thought I should let you know.

Also, I was looking at my practices that I have left over, and I was thinking that thier should be a way to do something with you extra practices you have available..Maybe make it so that we can practice skills as far as we want to except the higher our % in the skill the more practices it costs..like:
0-25% = 1 practice 26-50% = 2 practices 51-75% = practices 76-max% = 4 practices

And to make it cost alot to max a skill without using it you can make it so the first quarter goes up by 8 per practice, 2nd quarter by 4, then 2, then 1..so in the end it costs a whole lot to get them to max...

And/or maybe they could be spent to raise our max HP/Chi/Stam. Like you spent 1-5 practice and you "sit in the floor and channel you chi raiseing it above its limits" or something like that..i dunno..just a suggestion cuz It really seems like a waste..or trade them in for shards..or maybe stat points..or something hell..anything is better then letting them go to waste...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 10:20 pm 
MUD Owner

No, it's not half damage. I can't remember exactly, but I think Aizen stated it is 1/3rd power.

You can practice a skill more than once, but only up to a certain point.

We've thought over things to use practices on, but haven't decided on anything yet. We feel that players will spend extra pracs and end up losing skills when they are put in at a later date, and start complaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 11:10 pm 
Fellow player

Then it would be thier fault.

I think other purpaces of practices should be used for similar things or only as they are now. If you think about it they are just to make the game run, not part of the themes. They are like coupons for school classes but the teachers have limited knowledge and you strive to surpass the teacher.