Neo adventurer

First off....

Affected: ( 277) shard poison
Affected: ( 277) shard poison
Affected: ( 246) shard poison
Affected: ( 246) shard poison
Affected: ( 367) shard poison
Affected: ( 367) shard poison

look at this shit, really, 3 shards shattered in 5 minutes. I've probably lost near 20 shards to this myself, who knows that others have lost. your initial idea was to stop high levels from clearing areas but you only gave us incentive to kill players for shards, newbies got the short end of the stick, shard shattering is a ridiculous idea and if we took a vote i bet everyone would be against it. please consider taking away shard shattering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 11:47 am 
Fellow player

Can't you just have a set number of shards in the game? I mean, that's really how it should work from the show. And if someone has them and doesn't get on for a while.. You know.. Delete them and put the shards back in..

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 12:27 pm 
Immortal

If we limited the numbe of shards in the game then having players keep them in their appartments forever or having them in their apartments or on their characters and then VANISHING aka going MIA leaving the mud without deleting their char would make it IMPOSSIBLE to ever gather all the shards and do all the things we are going to have be done with them. That is why we don't limit shards.

As for shard poisoning its in the game its not going to vanish. If you really want we could make it so you can't see it as affecting you at all and then you will only have two ways to know when its gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 1:25 pm 
Fellow player

Well you guys are the super coders. Can't you do something to make it so shards can't be stored? And maybe make it so after a month or so if a player didn't log on, they would be deleted, unless they said when they'd be back or something. Isn't that at least half-possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 4:38 pm 
MUD Owner

Perhaps, but I am not going to punish players for not signing on. If anyone can come up with more ideas to discourage players from wiping out mobs for shards, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 11:50 am 
Fellow player

Er shard poison doesn't discourage players from wiping out mobs. Most of the high level just wipe them out even more in hopes of getting better odds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 4:55 pm 
MUD Owner

Like I said, if anyone can come up with more ideas to discourage players from wiping out mobs for shards let me know. Other than that, I don't plan on removing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 5:26 pm 
Fellow player

Er Well instead of them poping up on mobs yall could have Imm ran quests with da shards as rewards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 7:57 pm 
MUD Owner

Not gonna happen. We don't run quests in alpha, and shards will never be given out by Imms. They can't create shards, only I can.

And honestly, I'm pretty sure shard poisoning discourages players from getting shards. Maybe not everyone, but in general. Then again, there is no data to back up either say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 2:00 pm 
Fellow player

Ighty then..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2006, 7:12 pm 
Fellow player

Shard poison does not stop me and other highbies from attempting to wipe out entire areas. In fact, the knowledge of knowing I am stopping someone else of gaining a shard aside myself is quite comforting. You don't want to get shard poisoned, then simple, stay away from low level areas. Untill more higbies areas are made, it will be close to impossible with people such as myself or Kon-El, Ryuhei or anyone else to gain shards (without having to kill). Which brings me to another point. You didn't want areas wiped out, but now you have others killing for them, thus why attach was added in. Regardless, attach has yet to be used properly, since many newbs still die carelessly at many hands, including my own. My proposal to all this is, to allow fragments of shards to be left behind when shattered. You then connect these fragments to create one single shard. The amount of fragments you choose for to be able to make a shard is beyond me, however, it might minimize the bitching, probably lessen the need for killing and so on and so forth. (All this is mentioned also because us highbies now need shards more than ever with race changes enabled). Anyways, those are my thoughts.