Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alignment disagreement...new idea
PostPosted: November 24th, 2007, 3:46 pm 
Fellow player

I don't really agree with the way alignment works in the mud. As it is, you start neutral when you create. Then you kill mobs to shift your alignment appropriately. Right now, killing good mobs will make you good, killing evil will make you even, and neutral will take your current alignment to neutral, and stop. I think if you kill a neutral mob, it should have 0 effect on your alignment. Goods will stay good if you kill a neutral mob, evils will stay evil if you kill a neutral mob, and neutral will remain the same by killing neutral mobs. Does that not sound more correct? The only way then to shift your alignment will be by killing opposite aligned mobs. Or in the case of neutral, killing either good or bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 24th, 2007, 9:12 pm 
MUD Owner

Quote:
killing good mobs will make you good

That's not true. Just tested it. Killing a good mob at 0 align will turn you evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2007, 6:17 pm 
Fellow player

Har...har. A typo, friend. Killing good mobs will turn you evil. Killing evil mobs will make you good. And neutral will bring you closer to 0 until you stop at 3 - -3. Har har, again, Zeno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2007, 11:11 pm 
MUD Owner

I still don't understand. What is "even"? Could you rewrite your post so I can understand it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 1:23 am 
Fellow player

I don't really agree with the way alignment works in the mud. As it is, you start neutral when you create. Then you kill mobs to shift your alignment appropriately. Right now, killing good mobs will make you evil, killing evil will make you good, and neutral will take your current alignment to neutral, and stop. I think if you kill a neutral mob, it should have 0 effect on your alignment. Goods will stay good if you kill a neutral mob, evils will stay evil if you kill a neutral mob, and neutral will remain the same by killing neutral mobs. Does that not sound more correct? The only way then to shift your alignment will be by killing opposite aligned mobs. Or in the case of neutral, killing either good or bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 1:36 am 
MUD Owner

I can't say I agree.

Take for example this scenario:
InuYasha (good) kills Jaken (neutral). InuYasha should become less "good". And at the same time, people around him would view him as less "good".

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 5:36 pm 
Fellow player

7. not causing or reflecting a change in something
a. (of a particle) having no charge.

A neutron doesn't have any affect on an atoms charge, hence the reason it is neutral. That was just my view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 3:35 am 
Fellow player

In the sence of how someone would view the person after an action, it's more of opinion. Jaken's enemies would view IY as a hero, or good. 'good' and 'bad' are opinions.

Post subject: Re: Alignment disagreement...new idea
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 10:45 am 
Neo adventurer

By that logic if I killed a baby some people would view that as good... Hmm Maybe I should kill a baby....
I hear they taste delicious.

HEY HEY KIDS! IT'S CERES!

PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 1:42 am 
Neo adventurer

vixendemon wrote:
By that logic if I killed a baby some people would view that as good... Hmm Maybe I should kill a baby....
I hear they taste delicious.

you would be correct in that statement...its amazing how many sick people there are out there yknow

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 12:17 pm 
Fellow player

Maybe, at most, I think alignment should have less of an impact than it does now. Maybe make it take longer to go from Neutral to Good, or Evil.

(In other words, instead of killing one extreme, you shouldn't gain 100 align, negative or positive. Something smaller. 5 to 10?)

As far as the anime/manga is concerned, characters had to undergo a lot of things. Some were affected much differently than others. But in the end, it took a LONG time to see a positive reaction from Sesshomaru. Same with InuYasha, infact. As it is, in about 5-10 mob kills, alignment is shifted drastically. Almost to the entire opposite end, if you know what to kill. And I disagree with this. One doesn't become more good or evil that fast by killing.