Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Int/wis training idea
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 1:40 am 
Neo adventurer

Everybody knows that training int/wis is costly, tedious, and often fails. This is to be expected as it's not going to increase overnight. However, I think it would be cool to have a school in the present with two classes. You pay 5000 yen to take the class and you can only take it once every 3 game days or so. But, my idea for the school is to have one class that is Inuyasha and one that is Bleach. You can choose which one you want to take. The Inuyasha could be int and Bleach wis, or vise versa it doesn't really matter. Well it'd be like a trivia game. You are asked 10 questions. If you get them all right you get 4 int/wis but you can be asked a bonus question to get 5. As for other amounts, you need 8 right to get 3 int/wis, 5 right to get 2 and 3 right to get one. Someone could put together a list of trivia questions, a bunch of them so you don't keep getting the same questions, though you eventually will, for each show. Someone knowlegable in one can do that while another person can do the other. This would take a little pressure off Zeno and he and the other ims would just have to build and implement it. I think it'd be a more fun and interactive way to train and if you know a lot about the shows, less costly. Also, for those who don't know the answers, they would learn. I personally have not seen Bleach but would like to but I have seen all of Inuyasha. Okay anyway I'm rambling now, just let me know what you think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 7:40 pm 
MUD Owner

I plan to have 2 ways to train each stat, one costing money and one not.

Anyway, on this subject... In order to have a good chance to not get any repeated questions you'd need like 3000 questions (if it were 3 correct answers = one gain), otherwise people would start to see repeated questions before they hit max stats. There is no way we'd ever get close to thinking up 3000.

And for those who haven't seen the series, they would be at a major disadvantage. The goal would be to not have any repeat questions, so even if they learned the answers after getting them wrong, it would be useless since the questions wouldn't be repeated. One goal for the MUD is to ensure people who haven't seen the series to not have a disadvantage. People should be able to fully enjoy the MUD without having to see the series.

Post subject: Re: Int/wis training idea
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 11:08 am 
Neo adventurer

Well The amount of random meaningless Trivia on the internet is staggering. It can be updated weekly or monthly and keep a steady supply of fresh questions up.

HEY HEY KIDS! IT'S CERES!