Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Clan HQs
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 2:29 am 
Immortal

Ok we all know you all really want to have clan hqs in so that you can have a nice little section of the mud dedicated to your organizations. With the hqs will come great responsibility for the clan owner to make the hq fit the standards that are set for descriptions of rooms. There is a chance that you will also get the ability to purchase items for your clan to have as well as an actual area. These also will have strict guidelines that must be followed. So here comes the issue that I have in my mind for the future when you all have shown that you are ready for this next step in customization, when a clan disbands what do you think should be done with that clan's hq. Similarly when we pwipe which yes there will be a couple of what do you think should be done with the hqs. For both disbanding and Pwipe there are a couple of options 1.Remove the area, 2.Leave it in and populate it with npcs, 3. Leave it in as is, 4. Let another clan purchase it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 7:47 am 
MUD Owner

I'd say either 2 or 3. Abandoned HQs sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 5:48 pm 
Fellow player

I would think a mixed approach should be taken maybe where if the area is exceptional you populate it with NPC's. But if its only acceptable you leave it as is with the possibility of letting another clan purchase it later.
so basically 2 if its good and 3 or 4 if its only ok.

Simzarian Alderack

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 8:25 pm 
Fellow player

Well, regarding a clan disbanning, I think the HQs should be left where they stand. Making it available for other clans to "expand their territory" or for NPCs to inhabit the area. How this is to come about depends on the situation of course, you may have two clans fighting for one abandoned HQ, amongs other things. Regarding pwipe, they will just have to go I guess. But about clan HQs though, this should be <and will be an expensive> thing to deal with for clans. So for you inexperienced clan owners, I hope you plan ahead. Don't get a clan simply for the pretty leader rank. Or other pathetic little things like that. These HQs will be costly, and should be well planned out by the owner of a clan AND it's members. Another thing I would like to see are "builders" as a rank for clans and "descriptor". The leader would have all this power to do it on his own also, but to narrow out the worthy in the clan by the leaders choice sounds pretty good to me. Not everyone has perfect spelling or the right amount of knowledge to "build" so either the Owner or these "hand picked ppl" should be able to do it, to save us all from the stupidity and waste of time in which many are very good at bringing to us.

-Alexander Leon