Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The muds econimy
PostPosted: January 17th, 2006, 5:11 am 
Fellow player

I have dound in recent times that the muds econimy is rather lacking the best way to make mony still sadly seems to be to ether rob the bank or well rob the bank so i have a few none violent ( or less violent ) salutions to this that can be set up using progs i think so not to much work would need to be done

ok there should be like jobs scatterd throughout the real these are like redoabole quests some can be done once per day some once per houre some constantly but drain stamina or stuff like that these jobs will pay from vary little to average amounts of mony most of these could probobly be done with progs instead of code itself if it was desired
my values also are just exampoles so you can treat any value I input as a variabol to use as you will

first job
food for thought
ok this job would come from the haria elder since it is a small town they would need food often and need people to go hunting
this would be a once per day job
you must bring the elder 3 pices of meat from ANIMALS not demons the types of meat determin how much you get paied
now there are a few ways you could do this
1 have animals drop meat at randome like pelts
2 add a butcher command so that you can add meat
3 just use the arms and leggs of spacific animals
bear = 10
snake = 20
viper = 50
fox = 75
wolf = 75
boar = 100
fish = 200 * because of its rarity and how hard it would be to get *
these are the worths of each pice of meat you once done you cant do this quest for the rest of the game day

Road repair
this job would be located in modern since there are always roads that need work lol
basacoly you would work dooing manual road repair labour this would be a unlimited amount job meaning you could keep working at it but doing this work will A burn through stamia fast ( at least 200 stamina per try ) have 1 pulce of lag and your sucsess rate will be based on your CON and STR as well as INT a failed attempt deals minor damage say 2% of your current max
sucsess rate is determind by the grand total of your INT STR and CON with a min req in int just to reach that sucsess rate
sucksess rate /total stats/ INT REQ
5% /25/ 0
10% /50/ 20
20% /75/ 30
25% / 100/ 40
50% /150/ 60
75% /200/ 80
90% /350/ 100

now the amount you get paid will be about 8 yen per try pluce a posabole bonus depending on your INT

int / pay bonus
15 / -2 yen
25 / 0 yen
50 / +1 yen
75 / +2 yen
100/ +4 yen

how much would could a wood chuck chuck AKA chopy chopy
this job can only be done once every houre or two basacoly there are serton NPC mobs that are looking for wood to use * not nessisarly all the time though * these mobs will buy wood that you chop for them you can deliver the wood to all of them but each one will have a houre timer before they will accept the wood again
NPC / yen given / amount of wood needed
fire wood seller /50/ 2 pices
carpenter /150/ 4 pices
house builder /500/ 10 pices
bridge bulder /300/ 6 pices
this would also give wood choping more use then just for the ocasional RP fire

house building
ok well there are always houses that need building or thatching etc so why not make that a job too this job would be reliant on DEX STR and INT it would be simaler in its make up only located in fudal erra a failed attempt like with road work dose deal damage also house building costs stamina and has lag but can be done as many times as one wants

sucksess rate /total stats/ INT REQ
5% /25 / 0
10% /50 / 20
20% /60 / 25
25% / 80 /30
50% / 100 /40
75% / 150 /50
90% / 200 /60

now the amount you get paid will be about 5 yen per try pluce a posabole bonus depending on your INT

int /pay bonus
15 /-2 yen
25 /0 yen
35 / +1 yen
50 /+2 yen
70 /+4 yen

those are just a few exampoles and more can be made if the idea is liked but i think these would help with the muds econimy a lot and would still make people work for there mony at the same time

P.S. i know the exampoles look funny but for some reason it wont ecept spaces so i will fix it later if i can

Simzarian Alderack