Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Skills
PostPosted: December 28th, 2004, 2:00 am 
Immortal

Ok we need to make more skills to help diversify the mud. I need skill ideas that are race based: Human, Youkai, Hanyou as well as ones that are class based: Ninja, Slayer, Blacksmith, Combatant, Religious(Monks/Miko). These skills should have the following info with them does it require a weapon, if so what kind plugeon,short blade, long blade, missile weapon, talonous arm, flexible arm. As well as what stances the skill can be used in and a general description of the skill. These are not to be skills like Kaze no Kizu(Windscar) or Bakuryuuha(Backlash wave) that are demonic weapon specific that something that will come later on.

These are skills like Ex:Batujitsu the art of using the drawing of your sword to help quicken the power of your strike at great speed to be used in the offensive stance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2004, 2:19 am 
Immortal

Twinstrike: Usable only when dualwielding, strikes with both weapons at once using extreme strength. Missing this attack, however, will throw a person off balance, causing their accuracy to be reduced in combat for a round or two. Used by Combatants

SpiralBlade: Only usable with a single short or long blade weapon, the user sidesteps the opponent's attack and spins around them, blade extended, which slashes them and successfully avoids the attack. More effective against enemies in an offensive stance. Used by Ninjas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 8:55 am 
Fellow player

ambush: usable by classes with hide or sneak if it hits it does 3x normal damage and if it misses you take 2x damage and unable to attack on the following round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 9:55 am 
Immortal

Xero wrote:
ambush: usable by classes with hide or sneak if it hits it does 3x normal damage and if it misses you take 2x damage and unable to attack on the following round.

I liked that until the arbitrary damage part at the end, considering that if you're 'stunned' for a round after the fact your opponent will already get a free round of fighting in anyway. Maybe just increase the lag for the skill to 2 rounds on a fail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 10:01 am 
Fellow player

absorption: absorbs a limb such as and arm or leg to restore hp and get a temporary boost in power. youkai skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 10:03 am 
Fellow player

increase lag yea, after i posted it i thought the 2x damage was a bit much myself for ambush

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 11:03 am 
Immortal

Youkai/Hanyou:
Necromancer
- Animate Dead (obviously)
- Control Undead (NPC, possibly a chance to gain control of someone else's if they are lower level)
- E-drain (always been a favorite of mine :) )
- Bloodwalk (can go from any area with a pool of blood to any other location sharing the same qualities - IMM note - Maybe Zeno could add a sector for rooms for 'blood' along the lines of the water sectors... :twisted: )
- Xero's absorption idea

String Lord
- Control - allows puppet master-type command access (can order target to perform basic actionssuch as attack, get, wear, etc.)
- Ensnare - snare targets within room by filling it with 'string' like a spider's web
- Trip wire - non-grouped entering the room failing reflex save trip and lie prone as if tripped in combat
- Cut wire - wire strategically placed to cut the next person who enters/leaves the room, possibly able to be set to certain heights/directions to target certain body parts?

Elementalist
- control weather
- fireball/water spout/earthquake/ice storm - elemental damage spells
- gust of wind - target is swept from the room a variable number of rooms away depending on save and level difference

Berserker/Savage
- rage - X2 damage dealt and taken
- berserk - X2 speed and to hit, 1/2 damage dealt
- forage - find herbs and wild food items

Multiweapon
-dual wield
- multiwield - able to wield any number of weapons at greater penalty to hit (stacks with dual wield - third weapon -1, fourth -2, fifth -4, etc.)
- hundred strike - strike with every weapon wielded in succession, missed hit ends ability, penalty to hit due to increased difficulty concentrating

Human/Hanyou:
Archer { (X) = doesn't work with crossbow }
- fletch - make your own arrows/crossbow bolts
- bowyer(X) - make your own bow
- mechanical bowyer - make your own crossbow
- dual shot (X) - shoot two arrows at once
- rapid shot(X) - attack as if hasted while wielding a bow
- masterworking - ability to make more advanced weapons and ammunition (can make repeating crossbows, stationary ballistae, composite bows, etc.)
- ambush (Xero's idea)

Alchemist
- brew
- forage (see berserker above)
- pharmacy - use found herbs to create special potions

Warlock
- see Necromancer above (suggest removing absorption for something like vampiric touch perhaps?)

Dual wielder
- riposte - chance to strike back after a successful parry
- advanced parry - chance to parry bare fists
- rapid strike - (see hundred strike above)
- spiralblade - mandolo's post

Martial Artist
- bunch of martial arts terms I'd just screw up by trying to put them here

Rogue/Thief/Bandit
- ambush (Xero's idea)
- peek - see inventory of target when looking at them
- steal - take object in targets inventory
- plant - plant objects on target
- improved listen - successful listen allows you to hear what's gonig on in the other room with successive checks (automatic after successful listen to hear continued sound)
- shadow walk - (learned from ninjas) experienced thieves who consort with ninjas learn the ability to pass from shadow to shadow without a trace and at great speeds, perhaps with magical ability.
- spiralblade - mandolo's post

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 11:24 am 
Fellow player

astral warp: person projects their spirit from their body and sees through it while the body stays in the same room, they are able to move around into other rooms without the danger of traps or aggro mobs, but it leaves the body defenseless and the further away your spirit moves the longer it takes before it will return to the body if your under attack. this skill would constantly drain chi/jakai while in use. and there would be certain skills that could harm the spirit draining even more chi/jakai from the person and maybe even kill them should they run out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 12:42 pm 
Immortal

Ok Daemaru thats all good and all but all of those skills you rattled off neglect a number of things first off they say nothing of what stance they are to be utilized in, nor what they use be it stamina/movement, jakai/chi or health, and lastly they are for classes we are only considering putting into the mud. I want ideas used for Combatant, Slayer, Ninja, Blacksmith, Religious(miko/hoshi), and Guardian classes only for now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 1:09 pm 
Immortal

Here's my ideas for blacksmith skills.

Breath of Forge: Ever saw Totosai or however you spell his name breath fire? Well, this is it. Just a standard flame breath.

Equipment focus: Ok. here's a really interesting skill. It basicly allows you to choose a body part to focus on in combat. If there's a weapon or piece of equipment there, it will damage only that piece of equipment and do it more often. It'd be like "efocus weapon" to concentrate on attacking their weapon or "efocus onhead" to focus on helmets or whatever's on their head.

Weapon Mastery: A second enhanced damage for weapon attacks. Makes up for their lack of decent techniques.

Sharpen, Repair, Enforce: obviously, equipment related skills that are probably already planned. Sharpen weapons for more damage, enforce armor for more durability, repair fixes armor. WOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 1:22 pm 
Immortal

Bah, fine, spoilsport :) (no stances because I don't know which are currently in, but basically most spells would be from a defensive stance unless they are aggressive such as maledictions for the religious class. I think the others wouldn't matter too much, but use your judgement :)

Combatant
- fix pugilism - pugilism = fisticuffs. make an 'exotic' weapon class if we really need one.
I'll let those playing the class to comment further on this one though.

Slayer
- Hated - received multiple times to target specific races (mob races like cat, dog etc.). adds extra damage and to hit versus that race because you've learned that race's weak spots, etc.
- Hunter - same as hated but for PC races, only get this once
- Affinity - can gain affinity with an NPC race (not youkai, hanyou, human) allowing them to tame said race to obey commands - uses movement, possibly chi/jakai

Ninja
-shadowwalk selective teleport spell, uses chi/jakai to cast and movement as if moving into the target room
- ambush per Xero's idea
- spiralblade from Mandolo's post
- apply poison - apply poison to their weapon for added effect, uses movement
- malediction spells like weakness, curse, etc., uses chi/jakai to temporarily 'enchant' weapon/ curse armor, etc. (not castable on others)

Blacksmith
- forge - ability to repair metal armor (possibly to create?) movement
- tailor - ability to repair leather/cloth armor (possibly to create?) movement
- embroidery/etching ability to 'mark' armor with their name - movement,chi/jakai
- call armor/weapon - ability to call one item with the blacksmith's name on it to themself regardless of its current location, unless the item has been cursed - chi/jakai, health
- smudge - ability to remove a name from an item as from the embroidery/etching ability - chi/jakai, movement

Religious(miko/hoshi)
- various stages of 'curative spells' (ie cure light)
- malediction removers - remove curse, remove blindness, etc.
- maledictions (see ninja) except can cast on others
- dismiss spirit - damage versus youkai/hanyou. chi/jakai full damage to youkai, half to hanyou, save for half

Guardian
I don't understand how guardian and combatant are different yet so...nothing yet.
I'm thinking of guardian as basically 'samurai/paladin', so if someone wants to correct me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 2:48 pm 
Immortal

No teleporting of any kind, no mystical weapon calling. Your slayer ideas make no sense. Blacksmiths already have the ability to repair armor and weapons as well as create them. Its the religious class of all the currently planned ones that would be able to place a curse on people noone else would have the needed training to do so period.

Please EVERYONE think about your submitions thoroughly prior to posting just don't throw together 20 ideas in 20 minutes that don't all fit the themes well at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2004, 3:18 pm 
Immortal

Ryo wrote:
No teleporting of any kind, no mystical weapon calling. Your slayer ideas make no sense. Blacksmiths already have the ability to repair armor and weapons as well as create them. Its the religious class of all the currently planned ones that would be able to place a curse on people noone else would have the needed training to do so period.

Please EVERYONE think about your submitions thoroughly prior to posting just don't throw together 20 ideas in 20 minutes that don't all fit the themes well at all.

Okay...'cept for one thing...I don't get why my slayer ideas make no sense. Why couldn't a youkai be a hanyou slayer, and specialize in fighting hanyou? Etc. Makes sense to me. I could see where the 'hated' and 'affinity' might not make much sense so I'll explain where they came from:

'Hated' was really a throwback to D&D ranger class - every couple of levels you pick an enemy you've fought alot and get a bonus to fighting that type of enemy due to familiarity.

'Affinity' was kind of the same lines, especially refering back to Sango, who is a demon hunter who happens to ride around on a demon...

And good to know Naraku was a religious class, putting a curse on Miroku like that...

I'll give you the maledictions on Ninjas though, since any poison they apply could potentially do the same thing...

And it was actually closer to ten minutes - I type fast. ;) I've been sitting on those ideas for a while though.

Couple more for you:

Ninja
- smoke cloud - same as your basic 'flee' command, only this ability, when checked successfully, would allow you to 'sneak flee' - ie not echo which direction you fled in to the room.
- hide weapon (also Slayer) ability to conceal a weapon to be used as a surprise during combat. must be prepared before combat, and can only be used once during combat. Must not be in combat to conceal a weapon. would allow one use of 'ambush' style attack mid-fight with the chosen weapon. Chosen weapon being a 1h shortblade or 1h mace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2004, 7:38 am 
Fellow player

this is something i thought about for a bit, its about resuce. i think it should be usable while in combat, so it would make grouping more effective since right now you can only use it outside of combat the skill really doesnt have much use. but if you were able to use it in combat it would be a very effective skill. that is you could use it if you werent the person tanking. just had to put that out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2005, 2:55 pm 
Fellow player

wow i cant believe people stoped making skill ideas :( any way i got some don't know if they are any good but want to get a ball ( or something resembling a ball ) rolling again mainly because i hate not having attack skills I will try my best to do it they way you want if I miss something let me know and i will try and fix it

Now for the skills

Rising Moon AKA Rise Class:Slayer/guardian Stance:offensive/standard Clevel 20+/30+
weapons:hand to hand, sword,dagger,polearm,axe,maces,stave,whip
hits; 2 HP: nill Jacki/Chi: 10+1% Stamina: 30+5%
stat req's: None Lag: average (1 pulce) Initiates combat: No
this consists of a down slash followed by a upward lunging slash deals more damage to flying creates two hits more damage if wielding a weapon. deals about 1.5x to 2x more damage to flying mobs

Crecent Strike Class:combatant/ninja Stance: offensive/standard Clevel: 25+/20+
Weapons: sword,dagger,polearm,axe,Maces,stave,whip
hits;2 HP: Nill Jacki/Chi 10+1% Stamina: 30+5%
Stat Req's: None Lag:average (1pulce) Initiates combat: Yes
a wide arching double forward slash in the shape of a half moon that dose about 1.2x more damage then normal.

Full Moon Class:guardian/Ninja Stance:offensive/standard/resistive Clevel 30+/25+
Weapons:Sword,polearm,axe,maces,stave,whip
hits;1(but can hit more then one mob)Hp:Nill Jacki/Chi:Nill Stamina:100+5%
Stat Req's: 20 dex Lag:High Average(1.5-2 pulce's) Initiates combat: Yes
a fast spinning circular attack that hits from 2 to all mobs in room for half normal damage since this skill is used to hit more then one mob it requires a weapons of decent length making it imposable to use a dagger effectively for it

Ok the next few skills are rather strange in how i designed them they require other skills to have been learnt to use since that could be a problem i will just designate them for multipul classes for now ( if you do plan on having skills reliant on other skills though i will be listing that too )

Full Moon Rising Class:Slayer/Guardian/Ninja Stance:offensive/standard Clevel 45+/50+/40+
Weapons:Sword,polearm,axe,maces,stave,whip
hits:3/1( hits all once plus main target 2 more times)
HP: 10+1% jacki/chi: 50+3% Stamina: 150+5%
Stat Req's: 30 Dex Lag:Medium(2 ticks) Initiates combat:No
a spinning circular attack followed up by a down slash and a upward lunging slash. this skill hits from 2-all mobs in a room once then the main target twice and deals more damage to flying mobs 1.5-2x like Rising moon
do to the energy's used in this attack it also depletes ones health
would require both Rising Moon and Full Moon to be masted

Moon Goddess Dance Class:Slayer/combatant/ninja Stance:Offensive Clevel 60+/55/50
Weapons:sword,dagger,polearm,axe,mace,stave,whip
hits:4 Hp:30+1% Jacki/chi:50+5% Stamina: 100+5%
Stat Req's: 50 Dex 20Con Lag:Medium(2 pulces) Initiates Combat: No
a wide arching double forward slash in the shape of a half moon followed by a down slash then a upward lunging slash that deals great damage to flying mobs. this attack deals 1.2x damage and can deal 1.7x-2.2 damage to flying mobs
do to the energy used in this attack it also depletes ones health
this skill requires both Rising Moon and Crescent Strike to be masted

Dark Moon Goddess Dance Class Combat/Slayer/Guardian/ninja Stance; Offensive Clevel; 80+/75+/75+/70+
Weapons:Sword,Polearm,Stave,Whip
hits5/1( one to all then 4 more to the main target )
Hp:60+3% Jaki/Chi: 200+7% Stamina: 300+6%
Stat Req's: 80 Dex 30 Con Lag:High(3 Pulces) Initiates Combat: No
a spinning circular attack followed up by a wide arching double forward slash then finished with an down slash then a upward lunging slash. this attack hits from 2-all mobs once dealing 1.2 (1.7-2.2 to flying mobs) and then hits the main target four more times. this attack requires greater agility and speed making axes and maces unable to perform it
do to the energy's used in this attack it also depletes ones health
this attack requires Full Moon, Rising Moon, Crescent Strike to be masted

Forbidden Dance of the Dark Moon Goddess
Class Combat/Slayer/Guard/Ninja Stance Offenc Clevel:90+/85+/85+/80+
Weapons:Sword,polearm,Whip
Hits:8 ( 2 that hit all and 6 that hit the main target as well)
HP: 120+4% Jaki/Chi:400+8% Stamina 500+8%
Stat Req's: 100 Dex 50 Con Lag: High(3-4 pulces) Initiates Combat: Yes
an extremely powerfully and deadly attack involving a spinning circular attack followed up by a wide arching double forward slash then and upward slash followed by another Spinning circular attack and another arching double forward slash and ending with a downward thrust this is an truly powerful attack of my series here
do to the energy's used in this attack it also depletes ones health heavily
Requres Full Moon, Rising Moon,Crescent Strike,and Moon Goddess Dance to be mastered

if these names are inappropriate i can and will change them to something else provided you like the actual skill itself

if skills you end up using a system where skills can require other skills then this is the order of the skills that require others

Full Moon Rising Guardian 50+
Moon Goddess Dance Combatant 60+
Dark Moon Goddess Dance Slayer 60+
Forbidden Dance of the Dark Moon Goddess Ninja 80+

since you have multi classing it would mean to learn these skills you would have to deviate from your class

Simzarian Alderack