Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Practice
PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 10:32 pm 
Fellow player

I think that once a skill have been maxed, we should be allowed to spend 5 practices or 10 maybe to increase the skill 1% higher. Example

Lightwhip Current 85% Max 85% < the skill is "Mastered"

command:

Upgrade Lightwhip
Trainer says this costs 5 Practice Sessions, are you sure?
Yes

The max percentage of Lightwhip has increased by 1%!
Lightwhip Current 85% Max 86% < skill not mastered anymore..

Would be really cool...

Post subject: Re: Practice
PostPosted: November 18th, 2009, 8:41 pm 
Fellow player

Cool idea but some players end up with over 2000 practice points and for 10 points a % thats 200 raises we can do should make it around 10% of your practice points for 1% of a skill if they add it till you have around 600 left then 150 a pop till 0

PostPosted: November 19th, 2009, 4:43 am 
Fellow player

Rocky wrote:
Cool idea but some players end up with over 2000 practice points and for 10 points a % thats 200 raises we can do should make it around 10% of your practice points for 1% of a skill if they add it till you have around 600 left then 150 a pop till 0

In the defense of the idea; you seem to be forgetting that there are to be many more classes which are to be implemented which will provide new skills, as well as new skills in general which would entirely disprove your arguement. I don't claim that we'll get them anytime soon. However, it is irrational to think "this is all we are going to have to work with" in the end. :)

PostPosted: November 21st, 2009, 6:36 pm 
Fellow player

I never thought that. Although, even if you take into account 1000 new skills, I have 24793 practices, I don't think you will make enough skills to use the ones I have. The smart player will realise this, and if the number of remorts is ever uped again, this is make good use of them, as an extra bonus for those who are above and beyond.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2009, 4:33 am 
Fellow player

I agree with dekotis's last post, but on a different point. What if for the remorted characters, the base max of there current race skills go up said amount. Possibly increace all skills percent by 10 maybe, or lower and 10 being the highest percent for the certain skill if it has a low max % say of like 45 to maybe 70 or 75.

it would help use some of the extra practices and as dekotis said I also dont think that many skills will be created to use all of 24k practices.
It is just a thought, so maybe this could be considered by zeno and the imms's that would be able to make it possible or let us know if what we are asking is not possible.

Keep up the good work builders and Zeno. I can't waite to try some of the new content in the making especially the new BoP area.

ohh and if somthing like this can be done, it isint ripping off the previous remort's since it would just increase the skill pra percentage's they would still be able to practice and use skill's, or it could be if this is put in say pay 1k practice points to increase your max skill percentiges untill your ither out of practice points or your ahppy with what you have.