Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stat gaining side effects
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 7:45 pm 
Fellow player

I was thinking, perhaps it could be possible to have stats give you bonus points to an attribute. IE: Vigor = Stamina or Health. Constitution (Resilience) = Health or Stamina. Dexterity (Agility) = Stamina. Wisdom/Intelligence (Intellect) = Chi/Jakai. Of course, it wouldn't be a great deal in points, perhaps 5-10 points per stat gain.

I'm mentioning this because in reality, you can't notice the effects of stats on the next level gains in your attributes, so instead of supposedly have them affect your atttributes on the next level, simply have them affect them when you gain the stat right there and then. The whole "Oh, you should gain stats first THEN level" deal seems like a load of crap to me now. I've remade about 5 alts already and focused and concentrated on the correct stats (IE: Constitution for health) and I personally don't see sh** of a difference. It's either not accurate, or simply not coming into play. You only notice a growth as you grow higher in lvls, not stats. And even then, the only difference you can make out is between a huge gap of about 500 points. Byt the time someone hits 500 points, which btw, no one has without the Shikon No Tama, you'll already be my lvl (85), and those gains will be like... Useless. Anyways, give it some thought. It's a very simple idea, but effective, and I'm sure others along with myself would like to see it be put to use.

-Alexander Leon

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 1:46 am 
Immortal

I personally wouldn't mind us adding in this feature but there would be an extra cost to doing this. Right now we are still playing around with setting npc stats to see how best to create the fights with them as if they were players. In putting this in you would be prompting us to give npcs a few more hitpoints since players of equal power would then have even more hp that they would have to take out. That said it would be a good thing to add in since stats should have great standing as to the abilities of your character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 8:09 am 
Fellow player

Regarding the whole NPC thing. I honestly think the whole "hitroll, damroll" and all those stuff (even for PCs) has to go. And leave it solely running on what your stats can do. If the mob lacks some attack, hell, hand it a weapon and some armor. Make them run like PCs. Then add some skills in and spells and such. This would make fights (in the same lvl range) alot longer and more interesting. For example, although this was a PVP, Albel (my alt) took on Simzarian's alt (Tarnoth) and that battle lasted for quite a while because we were basically even matched (skill wise). So changing the mobs around into this form would actually not be a bad thing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 4:23 pm 
Immortal

Hitroll and Damroll are fundamentals of gaming. The issue with npcs doing to much damage is simply the imbalance between their stats and their die rolls. Its an issue we are still looking for a good balance on. Also by making so ones stats directly affect ones hp/stamina/chi/jakai we would need to make those gains dynamic since both items and shards increase and decrease ones current stats. That is of course unless we have it go off your base stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2006, 12:57 pm 
Fellow player

I'd say go by base stats. Gives people something to work for. Plus, it'd make the wishing of the Shikon No Tama more usefull. Since alot of people are bitching, climing the 90 base stats are not enough (although I think otherwise), this'd be a nice one to shut these punks up. Aside that, A dynamic system seems too much a hassle to have in a mud like this. B'sides, it'd only fit a mud running on LSC, not one like IYG. Anyways, those are my 10 cents. Hope some of you agree.