Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PvP and Such
PostPosted: December 25th, 2009, 12:35 am 
Fellow player

Ok, here is what I'm thinking. Why not make it so that when you kill a player, you can NOT loot thier corpse. Here is what I'm thinking. People are always complaining, quiting, and throwing a fit, why? Not because they were killed, but because their killers have gone and taken the equipment that they have spent weeks or months gathering and collecting to get. And Yes, I won't deny that I have done my fair share of Killing and Looting, and have recieved my fair share of being killed and looted. I think everyone has. So Instead The player gets 10% of the experience you have to gain to level that Level Added to there TNL. EXAMPLE:

Player A just hit level 50. It takes 18 million Experience points to get to level 51.
Player B kills Player A.
1.8 million Experience is added to Player A's TNL making him now have to gain 19.8 Million Experience to get to level 51.

I get the arguement that if you don't want to lose your equipment and die, don't have shards, don't be lethal, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Ok, so why do players who don't want to be harrassed and killed have to miss out on part of the game? I don't think thats right. So, here is my suggestion to fix this problem and help create a game with alot less crying, and IMPROVE the player base, by preventing stronger players from Abusing Lower level and weaker players.

First Change the Lethal Status. Make it simular to the DBZ muds by having shards Make players PK Yellow, where the player can only attack other players that are 10 levels Lower then them or Any level Above them. And PK Red which would be exactly like Lethal is right now. So:

Player A = level 100
Player B = level 50
BOTH players are PK Yellow

Player A can NOT attack Player B UNLESS Player B attacks Player A first.
IF Player B was PK Red Then Player A and anyother Player would Be able to attack him reguardless of level.

Now You have the PK Status Fixed, and You can't loot your kills. What do you get for PVP? Where is the fun? Whats the Point?

Set something up so that each Player Kill gives you PKP, and PKP can be traded for Equipment Geared toward PVP, Healing Potions, Items that give boosts to any equipment, Makes them Indestructible, Items that can not be gained, anyother way. Each PK should give 1-5 Points, based on several factors like, Level difference, Stat difference, Total Damage Dealt, and anything else you can think that would be a contributing factor.

YES, I Know, This is not REALISITIC, but It's game, games are not realisitic and NOT ONLY does this Help to Premote PVP, STOP all the bitching and whining, Make the game More enjoyable. STOP Highbies from Abusing Lowbies, AND ALLOWS Everyone to enjoy EVERY Aspect of this game without fear of losing all the things they worked long and hard to gain.

IMHO, this is a perfect solution to an Ongoing problem, that is been a major problem since I started playing this game 5 years ago. It solves every problem the mud has been having consering this topic, that I can think of. Give it a go, make suggestions or just let me know what it makes.

Post subject: Re: PvP and Such
PostPosted: December 25th, 2009, 2:31 am 
Fellow player

I am not completely against the idea, in general, personally. But even more so, I completely agree with the "not being looted" portion of it. A majority of the stress and upset that is generated through PK is the fact that players lose their hard-earned items. Save for shards (maybe even sharded items), I agree that items should not be looted. This would, overall, prevent players from "rage quitting" on the spot. Shards, naturally, must remain as it is. They are a huge part of why people are constantly PKing, and I think it must remain as much to maintain the "fight for power" theme that InuYasha always brought forth as a whole.

Your PKP idea, as you said, is far from realistic, but I am not entirely against it. However, I wouldn't want to reward players merely through PvPing. That's one of the things I utterly -HATE- about WoW, and wouldn't want it to be like so in here. I suppose the idea of spendable points earned via PvP/PK is relatively neat, but I wouldn't go as far as overpowering the already overpowered. (PvP in this MUD, after a certain point, has absolutely no balance. To the point where anything can tip the scales to one's favors, and have it remain that way for a very, very long time. I wouldn't want people to easily "farm" these points as a result.) Although that is easily resolved by diminishing the points earned as the level differences are considered, it could still be easily abused.

Other than in-game items, what else would you suggest these PKP would be good for?

PostPosted: December 25th, 2009, 11:05 pm 
Fellow player

Ok. Something I left out, Dissarm would have to be changed so that weapons return to the inventory when disarmed rather then to the ground. I think the Loyal Flag should do that, I dont know if it works or not.

As far as Prizes go, I was thinking that the Rewards should not be the BEST this game has to offer, simply different gear. Some peices may be better then others in certian ways and worse in other ways. Maybe PKP can be traded in for Exp, or extra practice sessions, or even a perminate stat. You can offer the same rewards you get from doing jobs, you can make PKP a requirement for Remorting. There is alot you can do.

I agree with you on the fact that shards should still be lootable, I was thinking that The easiest way was to make all items in the game Nonlootable by defualt and then create a flag that allows items to be looted, and apply them to the shards, and or sharded Items.

I think their should be something that you gain, and something that you lose when you win and lose a PVP fight. So you lose EXP instead of Equipment, and you gain PKP (Player Killer Points) instead of Equipment. That way it means there is still a reason to enjoy PVP other then just being an ass. The different levels of PVP via Yellow and Red, makes abuse alittle harder. I can still see where it would be abused, by level 100 players especially, since at level 100 you don't need exp anymore, but theres only 1 currently in the game. So I guess it could be made so that in a 24 hour period you only gain PKP from a single aponent 1 time. That keeps people from being hunting constantly and means you cant sit around all day and trade kills.

On another note, You could even give players the option of being Hardcore. Which makes the PVP Red at all times no matter what, but give them advantages, like, the who list only shows there name, and instead of Human, Hanyou, Youkai or Wolf or Citizen or VIllager or anything like that It is simply Placed in there own catagory, with Hardcore writen as there subrace. so that poeple only know what they are if they show them. Give them a small bonus in PVP points. Or a inate 10% exp bonus, or somthing for them risking their necks 24/7. <-------Just an after thought.

My only delima, is I get an idea I think is freakin awesome, but the coding takes forever so it could be years before you see it...lol well, I guess thats how it works out..

PostPosted: December 26th, 2009, 12:14 am 
Voyager

Loyal Flag does do that with dissarmed weapons but only against deadly characters for pvp disarm in a PVE situation even loyal weapons hit the ground and thats not all that bad i suppose unless you forget to pick them back up

PostPosted: December 30th, 2009, 11:35 am 
MUD Owner

Something I had thought out a while ago was a PK Reputation system. This would most likely involve the new threat score and say if you killed someone with a lower threat score, you couldn't loot items.

Still under design though.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 1:39 am 
Fellow player

I like where zeno is going with this, would stop highbies from looting from the weaker players on a constant bases.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 1:41 am 
Fellow player

Sabaku wrote:
I like where zeno is going with this, would stop highbies from looting from the weaker players on a constant bases.

Highbies like yourself?

In any case, PvP still needs a lot of work in general. But we're slowly getting there.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 1:00 pm 
Fellow player

Umm... I thought 3 item loot limit was set that way for reasons like this also the 20 min safety time after pk. Sure I'm down for being rewarded more for my pk's with those pk points but in all honesty i wont. A player like you who claims to be a vet of 5 years who just hides in his apt and pk's players lower than himself as well shouldnt really talk. Just because I'm around to hand you yours and you dont like it you want to have all these changes made. If you feel thats not you we can look back at the gnote Saabel made when she "quit" for 24 hours my name (trey) wasnt the only one she blamed for being a jerk and stripping her. And what truly makes the game less fun for most players is just the thought of being pk'd cuz they end up so scared from other people saying "oh you got a shard watch out for trey" that they stay in no lethal areas collecting all this eq that when they finally get pk'd once or twice their whole world ends. Then theres others who stay low level doing all these things to train and the same happens. Sure many times i can be the cause of the pk but not all the time, though if you want to put that blame on me i'll accept it but dont think the situation will change it'll just repeat. Either man up accept the pk move along or go non-lethal/hide all the time till the one time you slip up get pk'd and quit.. Idc nemore

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 1:43 pm 
Fellow player

I dont consider my self a highbie alex, but yes, would stop stronger players from looting weaker players. with zeno's change if it happens.

And all the bullshit about people blaming trey for being hte problem is pissin me off i'm thinking about goign around and just mass pking before people always talkin shit run him off the mud, I know he might pk lots of people, but he has gotten his fair share of people pkin him as well when he first started playin, being lethal is a CHOICE and being lethal you should know that getting pked is part of the risk it tells you that when you make a character and go through the intro area.

so even if you guys do get rid of trey, I will be here I will pk everyday untill you all run me off the mud....?

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 10:40 am 
Neo adventurer

Rocky wrote:
Umm... I thought 3 item loot limit was set that way for reasons like this also the 20 min safety time after pk. Sure I'm down for being rewarded more for my pk's with those pk points but in all honesty i wont. A player like you who claims to be a vet of 5 years who just hides in his apt and pk's players lower than himself as well shouldnt really talk. Just because I'm around to hand you yours and you dont like it you want to have all these changes made. If you feel thats not you we can look back at the gnote Saabel made when she "quit" for 24 hours my name (trey) wasnt the only one she blamed for being a jerk and stripping her. And what truly makes the game less fun for most players is just the thought of being pk'd cuz they end up so scared from other people saying "oh you got a shard watch out for trey" that they stay in no lethal areas collecting all this eq that when they finally get pk'd once or twice their whole world ends. Then theres others who stay low level doing all these things to train and the same happens. Sure many times i can be the cause of the pk but not all the time, though if you want to put that blame on me i'll accept it but dont think the situation will change it'll just repeat. Either man up accept the pk move along or go non-lethal/hide all the time till the one time you slip up get pk'd and quit.. Idc nemore

yes and no. the three item limit doesn't apply to Packs. And we all know some New players will keep gear they can't quite use yet in packs. theres also some people, Myself included, who use sheaths.

Merging Deko's, alex's and Zeno's idea seems like the best way to go. If I were to fight someone who's a challenge and win, I should be allowed trophies. but if I kill someone who just started a month ago Unles they've got shards I can't touch anything.

I remember one time Juan Well sniped me, this was before the item limit. I was so pissed off I almost quit... went through the whole motion of bitching and whining. It was more that I got well sniped than I lost all my good gear.

Trey Kills indiscriminately. It's OPEN PK. that means you can kill a player for no reason any time you want. Thats what lethal/nonlethal is for. If you embed a shard you're a target. If you're lethal period you're a target.

HEY HEY KIDS! IT'S CERES!