Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Apartments..
PostPosted: December 15th, 2009, 9:10 pm 
Fellow player

Along with my idea, on being able to abandon apartments, I was also thinking that, there should be an automated system installed to remove the ownership of an apartment from anyone who doesn't log in atleast once every 90 days.

You could make it so the loot in there apartment becomes public property like leaving it on the ground or something, or you could just make it so that there stuff just vanishes..either way is fine. That way apartments that go unused can simply be bought by someone else.

It's just like in real life, you don't rent an apartment your never around to use, so you go elsewhere and your apartment becomes available to someone else. And it give people a reason to log in more often.

Post subject: Re: Apartments..
PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 4:03 pm 
Voyager

rich people have apartments they hardly ever and never use.... but im just sayin it for whatever 90 days isnt really good but i guess yearly apartment decays would be alright since people do take time off from playing with school semesters n stuff or only come summer/winter break times

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 6:35 pm 
Fellow player

Seriously, it only takes 15 seconds, to login to the mud and log off to save your apartment, if you can't spare that, to save it then you shouldn't have one.

Post subject: More On Apartments
PostPosted: December 29th, 2009, 2:24 pm 
Fellow player

I think the whole 5 digit code thing should be removed and apartments should go back to the way they were..the only way to get in is to own it or have some one mount you and walk in with you. Or just make it so you can't be mounted, but I really do get tired of Trey hacking my code, and jacking my shit.. Seriously, its not enough that he hunts me down every chance he gets to kill me and loot my shit there, so I make a jewel out of what shards I have left and leave them in my apartment so I can actually enjoy the game, but he gets access to my apartment too? Is it not enough that I spend the time that hes on in a safe rooms just so I can keep the shit I already spent days to get from being handed over too him? Is not considered Harrassment to do all this? When I can't even play the game while hes on?

Apartments are suppost to be your safe place of storage. It would be different if I had just let Trey in my apartment, though, that wouldn't stop him from waiting outside my apartment for the chance to mount me as I'm trying to enter my own apartment. But It is getting quite rediculous. He is ruining the fun of this game, not only for me, but almost every other player on the mud, I would be willing to bet money that Trey has pissed more poeple off enough to make them quit playing the game then Alex ever did, back in his days..It's simply getting old fast. Lets try to fix it?

No offense Alex, the people you pissed off were the assholes like Trey, that went around trying to kill the newbies, and ruin the fun of the game.

Post subject: Re: More On Apartments
PostPosted: December 29th, 2009, 4:38 pm 
Fellow player

Dekotis wrote:
But It is getting quite rediculous. He is ruining the fun of this game, not only for me, but almost every other player on the mud, I would be willing to bet money that Trey has pissed more poeple off enough to make them quit playing the game then Alex ever did, back in his days..It's simply getting old fast. Lets try to fix it?

No offense Alex, the people you pissed off were the assholes like Trey, that went around trying to kill the newbies, and ruin the fun of the game.

Offense not taken. I felt I was the justice of the game when I rid the game of overly confident bullies. It was the prime of my life! :)

All jokes aside, I understand your pain. To work and have it all taken away in just a matter of seconds is highly frustrating. Which is why I also disagree with how PvP works currently ingame. But do understand, how apartment work would otherwise be ideal, if someone didn't spend all of their time trying to figure out a combination. According to Trey, some people such as yourself were "dumb enough" (quoting from the mouth of the horse) to make simple combinations, such as 12345. This being the case, well quite frankly, I can only say it is the fault of however set the code to be that. If this was NOT the case, well, he must have been really lucky. There's no other way he'd acquire the information, aside from whoever may know the combination or the MUD owner himself (which we know obviously that is not the answer.)

However, I won't tell you what you already know; here's my solution. A player gets a set number of "tries" for the sake of safety and balance. After these tries are up, the player gets a "flag" set on them. This flag will act much similarly to the "murder" flag that is already implemented ingame. For those not familiar with this flag, what it does is it makes clan members reconsider their actions when it comes to killing their own clan members. If a clan member kills another clan member (in other words, of their own clan), then they get the murder flag, which prevents them from visiting and successfully purchasing items from shops. It also makes certain NPCs cry out for help, and having other NPCs such as the police attack you. The idea would be no different.

An example:

Player A attempts to break in to Player B's apartment. (x5)
Player A fails and acquires the "robber" flag.
Player A now gets attacked by lawful NPCs.
Player A can no longer visit shops.

As for a way to redeem yourself? I guess some time spent in something similar to purgatory wouldn't be bad. ;)

PostPosted: December 29th, 2009, 7:54 pm 
Fellow player

While I understand that some players are that stupid, I am not, My code was a combination of numbers with no repeating factions, nothing like 10101 or 12345, nothing like that i would be simular to something like 46835 no paterns, or anything like that, how he got the number I have no idea, I never gave it to him, no did I give it to any one else. Unless I was being snooped and someone leaked it to him, he had so sat there and figured it out.

Although THe previous owner of Teepo made the apartment number 10101, and I changed it, to another number that was not 10101, infact i have it set to something totally different, and I also think I know what is going on. A long time ago, Trey got a character saved and quit inside my apartment, and I don't think he ever left. Unless Trey when and unlocked my apartment, took what he wanted and then relocked it behind him. I highly doubt that.

Though the robber flag would be nice it doesn't stop them from trying, and it like most other flags, dissappears with death. THe purgatory thing would be nice, a good month or 2 of sitting would probably stop them from trying to hack into peoples apartments.

I still think putting them back the way they used to be would be better. Thats just my opinion. keep it so that the items dissapear when you log out, so that people can't duplicate items, but standing outside your apartment, pushing a keypad and then open door and go in then close the door then keypad it locked again, is way to much hassle and give other people way to much time to get walk in behind your or just open the door as you close it so you cant keypad it locked and in they go...I just think it would be easier, and eliminate more problems.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2009, 6:32 am 
Fellow player

While it was merely a suggestion on my end, I highly doubt any changes will be made to apartments aside from the obvious future addition of more to support the new pbase. I had a small conversation with Zeno about it, and in the end, our opinions were the same. Apartments aren't safe houses. They are places to store your things. If someone slips in and takes said things, that's part of the risk of owning a storage. On that respect, having someone try to break in to said storage is also part of the risk of owning a storage. This is bound to leave a sense of bitterness, but it is basically what we decided. There are countless combinations one can input. If someone is willing to spend countless hours trying to figure it out, it is their time. Not ours. Or yours. As far as security goes; you can reset the combination to whatever you may desire on a weekly, or monthly basis. Sort of like passwords. It is highly recommended. But entirely a choice.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2009, 11:33 am 
MUD Owner

Apartments are more or less a bonus. How many MMOs can you find that give you infinite storage space?

If someone is trying every combination to get into apartments, I'll probably increase the lag the player gets when entering a wrong combination.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 3:50 pm 
Neo adventurer

Some people who have apartments in Juuban Gardens haven't logged on since 2005.

If they haven't been on since then I doubt they are going to.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 4:17 pm 
Fellow player

Character name: Futch
I do not know if apartments are protected from characters who are logged out in an unowned apartment, but does a character have to be in the apartment to buy it?

PostPosted: January 18th, 2010, 2:13 pm 
Fellow player

Futcher wrote:
I do not know if apartments are protected from characters who are logged out in an unowned apartment, but does a character have to be in the apartment to buy it?

yes, you have to be in an unowned apartment to buy it

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 10:18 am 
Neo adventurer

Well Consider into this suggestion, And for lack of a better example I'll use myself, that some people may lose their Connection and be unable to connect for months at a time.

I have the worst luck with ISPs. I always end up losing my internet for god knows how long,

HEY HEY KIDS! IT'S CERES!

PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 1:51 am 
Neo adventurer

it could just be my opinion but...isn't there a large difference between months and years?

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 1:54 am 
Fellow player

apartments should have a no door bash effect from the inside so if someone jumps into your room that is of a way higher level closes the door so you cant flee and is gashing you and stealing all of your items you have a way of getting some payback by locking them in your room and it could be something that you can buy as in reinforced door

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 11:43 am 
Fellow player

You didnt think that idea through, imagine it reversed. Say I told you I wanted to buy your shards, but we had to do it some where safe, and we decided to go to my apartment. we get in you give me your shards, then I kill you and your corpse is locked in my apartment. so there fore it will decay in my apartment, you have no way back in and you lose everything, because you couldnt door bash your way out.