Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: shunpo bug
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 9:00 am 
Fellow player

there seems to be a bug with shunpo that if i am not hidden and i shunpo past an aggressive mob, that mob will engage and hit me for one round of combat although i dont even stop in its room.

Post subject: Re: shunpo bug
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 2:01 pm 
Fellow player

Xero wrote:
there seems to be a bug with shunpo that if i am not hidden and i shunpo past an aggressive mob, that mob will engage and hit me for one round of combat although i dont even stop in its room.

Last I was told this was intentional. Shunpo is a form of travel, but also a form of escape in many cases.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2010, 3:26 am 
Fellow player

ah i must have forgot about that then. guess i cant remember everything.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 3:45 pm 
Fellow player

Character name: Futch
I don't really agree with this, seeing as how players can't initiate a fight with someone who is in the middle of a shunpo.
Also, I don't understand how this is a form of escape in this particular scenario. I know you can't escape out of combat, but you can flee and shunpo which is just fine.. but again in this scenario I don't think xero was trying to escape anything, except maybe being slowed down by these mobs.

shunpo ne 3
Mob hits you
Second mob hits you
You arrive at your destination.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 4:50 pm 
Fellow player

Futcher wrote:
I don't really agree with this, seeing as how players can't initiate a fight with someone who is in the middle of a shunpo.
Also, I don't understand how this is a form of escape in this particular scenario. I know you can't escape out of combat, but you can flee and shunpo which is just fine.. but again in this scenario I don't think xero was trying to escape anything, except maybe being slowed down by these mobs.

shunpo ne 3
Mob hits you
Second mob hits you

wat?

PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 5:45 am 
Fellow player

It's a game, you're supposed to try and figure it out. I think.. maybe

PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 8:54 am 
Fellow player

I know damn well how shunpo works. Your explanation just sucked. o.o

PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 12:23 am 
Fellow player

That is a very factual statement =p

PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 8:01 am 
Fellow player

Alexander wrote:
Futcher wrote:

shunpo ne 3
Mob hits you
Second mob hits you

wat?

I mean, I guess I think I understand? Just a little? Let me try to explain how it is a form of escape. Most high end NPCs have abilities like detect hidden, and/or true sight. Which basically enables them to see hidden PCs/NPCs. So if you were in a bit of a bind, say dying, and needed to escape... But sneaking and hiding is NOT an option, being able to shunpo right past them to safety would be a great method. It is definitely a lot better than rushing in, holding your breath and praying you don't die and having to spam flee... Only to have to try and figure out which direction it is you fled to. Catch my drift? :)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 10:54 pm 
Fellow player

Ah, yeah that is awesome. I will try to make sense this time. For example, what I think Xero meant was this:

You, the character, shunpo east 3 times (shunpo e 3). There is one mob in each of the two rooms you are flash stepping past. These mobs are set up with a trigger to attack you if you have shards, or are aggy, or perhaps they are mobs whom remember who you are and are out to get you. You, the character, have finished flash stepping all three rooms, but there was a round of attacks from each mob(in the rooms you shunpo passed) where you did not hit back.

Eh, I hope this explanation made sense. Players would of just seen a blur of movement go by if someone shunpo passed them.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 3:54 am 
Fellow player

Yes, that'll definitely happen from time to time. More often than not because of the fact that it was the NPC initiating the attack, and not you (pre-emptive strike sort of deal.) I believe I've seen some rare cases where a PC does manage to land a hit under these conditions, however. Simply rare.

Why NPCs can even get these hits in, though, in comparison to players who cannot (NPC can attack blurring targets, but PC cannot attack PC/NPC blurring targets)... The easiest and most reasonable answer would be; An NPC is an NPC. Every game has something, somewhere, where the NPC can do something "ridiculous" or "overpowered" that a PC can't ever do. It makes up for lacks on the NPC's part, or in some rare cases, they are just things overlooked. In our case, it is not overlooked. It is how the skill's mechanics are supposed to function, at least for now. It would be far too convenient if there was no risk involved. Besides; I think it fits! A target under pressure and forced to flee is bound to be pursued and overwhelmed even in their best attempts.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 10:21 pm 
Fellow player

Aight. It just looks funny to players. Atleast to me. I think that's why Xero posted this.
If you are in a fight and try to shunpo you can't.
Thank you for your explanation, makes sense to me.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 11:20 pm 
Fellow player

what if another character in in the room with a mob that remembers said shunpoer, and they are lethal that would allow the other character to attack said player if they type fast enough, or what have you. seing as how they would stop mid shunpo go around with the mob and then continue flash-step.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 9:07 pm 
Fellow player

There really isn't any time to attack, but that sounds neat.