Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tokyo
PostPosted: July 31st, 2006, 10:41 pm 
Immortal

Ok, I am currently looking at our oh so great(not the sarcasm) Tokyo area right now. We all know there have been so many issues with it mainly the bit of overpopulation that constantly occures. That is one thing I'm already starting to fix on our other port and coming up with more things for the area. While this edit is being decided upon I figured I would open up the floor for things you all would perfer to see within this area. So now is your time to speak don't ask for anything crazy or off the wall. These are serious ideas that you think would be good for that area. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2006, 10:54 pm 
Neo adventurer

Well, I'm not sure if there already is one or not in modern already, but I think some sort of gym where you could train stats without using pushups or jogging would be interesting. Not sure if that's too crazy or not, but I figured I'd at least suggest something.

Akakoken

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 1:28 am 
Immortal

No on the gym. There are other such things already in works for other areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2006, 1:38 pm 
Immortal

One thing I plan on placing into this expansion of Tokyo is a castle museum. Yes you will be able to steal some thing from it for but there will be consequences. So what all would you like to see in this museum? Speak now or forever rest your piece. Keep in mind that whatever is placed there must be fitting to the theme and since its a castle its historical japan mainly pre Meiji era that means samurai era aka feudal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2006, 1:28 pm 
So...in the museum I think you should place history of the true meiji era in the descriptions. Make it a real museum, more historic descriptions and so forth. How about some terminology for types of weapons and armor. Sorry, that's the best I've got. How about a palace for the emperor? Lots of Royal Guards and a badass garden...maze garden...ok. So just the palace then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2006, 1:39 pm 
Immortal

This isn't the imperial palace, this is just one of the many castles that existed thats been turned into a museum. Placing bits of the true history of the Tokugawa Shoganate is doable but quite annoying since there is so much of it. The Meiji era is back in the 1800s and not what I want us to focus on. Royal guards and maze garden.....they are doable but a lot more than I had in mind for this and in order to do a good maze that isn't a jumble of overlapping links you need a lot of vnums and I'm not about to do that right now. I wanted ideas for things INSIDE the castle itself things you'd want to see and do there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2006, 8:05 pm 
Fellow player

I think there should be this one super-strong mob that is a security guard, and they're not agro and they don't do like bank guards (attack yopu if you attack something else). And you can just go in and take like a super-rare item or a full jewel, but if you touch it, they attack you and when you die it falls out of your corpse and if you touch it they attack you again... So you can't take it if you can't beat them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2006, 8:37 pm 
Immortal

That idea is already implied in the statement I made:
Quote:
Yes you will be able to steal some thing from it for but there will be consequences.

I'm looking for MORE ideas to place within this Castle Museum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 5:44 pm 
Voyager

How about an arcade in an area run by thugs or "hoods", teenage punks or something? It'd be kinda funny if there was a game of chance available and you'd every so often get challenged to play a game by one of them. If you win, they might get mad and attack you and you get yen taken if you lose since suddenly he might say it was a bet. Of course, you could try to kill him if you didn't like losing money to some punk that beat you at a video game then decided to take your hard earned yen.

As for the museum... Hm, that would be cool. How about a hired sage that is really good at identifying items from that era as well as identifying the quality of things presented to him? Of course, he could be made to respond with extreme surprise at some kid walking in with a perfect condition item from the Sengoku peroid... Heh. :mrgreen: Of course, he'd possibly be hard to find... somewhere in the museum, lost in his thoughts as he looks over things in the museum.

An event could happen every so often, more rare... not too often since it would kind of make it seem too overused. But, there could be something that tries to steal from the museum that the players could stop? Maybe, it could get them a reward for helping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 21st, 2007, 3:14 am 
Fellow player

Not about the castle but about improvements...

Doesn't tokyo have mostly multi-level buildings? and a lot more shops and offices? And tons more apartment buildings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 10:57 pm 
Fellow player

1) How about adding a movie theater somewhere, with several auditorium rooms? They could be populated with moviegoers, some of whom annoyingly chat on their cell phones. And, of course, we should have to buy a ticket to get in. There can be a junk food counter inside, selling popcorn, chocolate, soft drinks, etc. at exorbitant prices.

2) If the Demon Brooding Grounds can have a dragon, then Tokyo can have a level-75 Gojira. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 1:06 am 
Fellow player

Gojira??

Oh, and The museum could have displays and it you 'look display' or 'exam display' you get a description of an item, it you 'look sign' 'read sign' 'exam sign' you get background on the item in the case. You likly won't be able to dbash the case or take the item, at least most. A quest in it could be from the curator about something in a case being stolen.
As for the final prize, maybe an enchanted and beautiful necklace? Or a suit of armor(might be wrong era)? I think a weapon wouldn't be able to be too great if it were from the museam, but you've seen those movies with the cursed or enchanted necklase. Jewelry might not be love from guys though.