Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2005, 11:50 pm 
One problem with subraces is that we either reorganize the skills system or we stay OOC from InuYasha. For example, kitsune would be a very interesting subrace to play with their powers of illusion and kitsune bi, but I very much doubt they would have sankon tetsusai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2005, 12:23 am 
Neo adventurer

Yes, it seems that thus far the hanyou/youkai classes have been oriented on the InuYasha and Sesshoumaru. It would seem to cause an upset should the entire system have to be revised due to implementing new races.

And it seems to me that kitsune would make an excellently popular class; masters of disguise and manipulation and all. Granted, their offensive powers would be much less diverse, but the illusion skills would be a considerable force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2005, 7:53 pm 
Neo adventurer

personally, i would like to see some sub-sub-sub classes, it will make the game more indepth for what ur char is like. not all youkai/hanyou's r the same, lots of them r diverse with their own specific attacks

Post subject: Sub-races/traits
PostPosted: January 17th, 2006, 7:06 pm 
Fellow player

Instead about worrying over sub-race sub-race like Zeno said, just simply add in-built traits to each race/sub-race and go with that. For example, a Dog Demon would have Infravision, track and other things. This would mean to sacrifice Infravision and other skills and form them into a permanent form, but in reality that is all ready within them to use, making it more realistic. Another example would be with bird or wind demons which would be capable of flight. Humans would have their 'spiritual energies' which will allow them to do better regarding Chi and spells and other side things. Simple sub-races would be Dog, wolf, Panther, Kitsune, Bird, Bat, Bug/incect, Reptilian, and others along the line I might have missed. Another way this could benefit the mud is for a sub-race of reptiles, they would be capable of regenerating their limbs back and so forth, helping out somewhat relating to my death/afterlife post. Anyways, that's all, keep them ideas coming in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2006, 2:07 pm 
yeah some races should be either unobtainable or whoever wants to be one should have to accomplish something... the level idea, or a really hard to do (and hopefully hard-to-find) quest