Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Prompt/Fprompt
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 10:48 am 
Voyager

Can you make it so it doesn't convert the color strings to color? IE, when I type "prompt", it shows the entire string that I inserted to GET my current prompt, rather than showing what it'd look like with color?

This makes it easier to re-use it elsewhere, instead of having to retype all the color codes (which is the hardest part).

On another note, can you also make it so that the color-code characters don't count towards the character limit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 10:50 am 
Voyager

Aw, crap. It made my name lowercase. Any moderators whom read this, could you change my name to be "Furion", rather than "furion"? It bothers me, ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 12:54 pm 
MUD Owner

There is no way to "uncode" color formatting without redoing a lot of the color code. I'd have to write an entire new function to send strings to a desc. I'll look into it, but I don't think it'll be something done anytime soon.

What character limit are you speaking of? Title?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 12:59 pm 
Voyager

I'm speaking of everywhere. From prompt, to title, to transformation descriptions.

And Gatz did the color change on prompt for his MUD. I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult, because he did it pretty fast after I suggested it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 1:02 pm 
MUD Owner

Well if I had colors not count, it could easily be abused. People could spam colors only to store it into the pfile without a limit. IE "title &C&C&C&C&C&C&C" and so on. I don't want that to happen.

Maybe Smaug has a function already to not parse colors. Odd though, I've never seen it. I'll look for it when I get home from work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 1:18 pm 
Voyager

True. You could make it so they count as 1 character, or maybe half a character (if it's possible), rather than being 2 for each color code. It gets expensive when you what to do something like. You can also make it so it doesn't work for, say, titles.

"His eyes shift purple, while his body grows immensely in size -- his skin also turning a darker shade of brown."

I mean, just having three words changed color would add 12 characters that won't actually show. Have to do. &ppurple&D, &zdarker&D, &Obrown&D, and &D at the very end, since I dislike it when things bleed. 13 if you count that last one.

I had to cut descriptions pretty short because adding colors are expensive... especially with an already-low limit (like the setform affect limit, which is... 75? or something).

Edit: Oh, and thank you for fixing my name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 1:23 pm 
MUD Owner

I could count &C as 1, as you said.

Although Smaug has a built-in input limit. If you try to enter a certain amount of characters or more, you're kicked off. Maybe I don't need to worry about it being abused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 1:33 pm 
Voyager

Cool, cool. Would be nice to add those colors. But my Youkai already has his form set, so I'd have to re-create to add colors =P

Oh well. Doesn't matter, really... I'll probably be sticking with Human in hopes of the Shinigami being a class, rather than race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 1:49 pm 
MUD Owner

I'll probably take requests for those who want to change their form. One Imm command and you're able to set your form again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 2:03 pm 
Immortal

When it comes to redoing your transformation as Zeno said its very simple for us to do. There have been a few occassions that I have taken requests for you to be able to edit yours again but these were mainly for errors and noncompliance with the rules of setforms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2006, 12:50 pm 
MUD Owner

As for not counting color tokens, can someone list out everything that would need that? I know title and setform, but not sure what else.