Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Change for gaining Reiatsu?
PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 2:24 pm 
Neo adventurer

I don't know how it works in the show.. I was thinking of an alternative method of gaining reiatsu.

It would involve a 'focus' stat, much like health or jakai etc., but based off of a unchangeable number (for instance 100/100) which would be used to perform a special meditation that draws the current in-game spirits toward you for a period of time in order for you to gain spiritual awareness or base reiatsu until you inevitably lose concentration.
Anyway, the 'focus' stat would be obtained as a knowledge through a special quest, for instance from a crazy old man in the city that rants about seeing ghosts after you obtain some proof of ghosts for him. He would be like:

A Crazy Old Kook --
"I knew it!" "Proof!" "Hahahaha!" "Untold powers come from the spiritual world, you should familiarize yourself with the spirits of the city, here I'll teach you something that may help you on your mission!"
Maybe a NPC in the low lvl human citizen area?

And then you would get the special meditation and the 'focus' stat.
You would of course need to still locate a spirit before settling down to meditate, but I think the reason so many new players looking for Bleach content leave shortly after finding out how difficult the whole reiatsu process is, of course it would still take the same amount of time to raise spiritual awareness and then gain reiatsu, but it would do away with the constant need to survey and listen a million times in order to keep track of a spirit.
Oh, and in order to keep players from botting while meditating, maybe add a interactive aspect to the meditation so that a variety of messaged pop up in order to maintain control of the players meditative state, for instance:

Your concentration begins to waver, and you attempt to regain control of your state of calm (Please type: medfocus 123456)

The 6 digit number would be randomly generated of course in order to make sure the player cannot set up triggers to type in the command.
Finally, after the players 'focus' is drained, they would have an excuse to go out and perhaps do some of the quest jobs or work on stats instead of the mind-numbing hours of just walking from room to room since the current system allows you to constantly work on following spirits.
I believe this method would provide players with a down-period while 'focus' is regenerated in order to bring a variety to play-style.

Anyway, I think this would be a VERY good improvement to the current reiatsu system.
Please post any comments!

Post subject: Re: Change for gaining Reiatsu?
PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 6:03 pm 
MUD Owner

This is not how gaining will be in the end. It's only like this for now because we lack Bleach content. If we had more builders, we could at least have them build some reiatsu gaining quests.

Plus this isn't how you really gain reiatsu. The main way once you have reiatsu skills is spirit combat.