Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Claws
PostPosted: November 7th, 2004, 7:27 pm 
I think it would be a good idea if, like you could pick a type of claw like water, fire, darkness, etc... It could grow stronger as you do, and it could affect targets with like blindness or something or you could like my Claws a class or something

well anyway

Asuka

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2004, 7:34 pm 
MUD Owner

Hmm, well a builder could make an area with something like that to wear. But as for elements, I plan on having those later on, but just not with claws. With skills, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2004, 1:41 am 
Immortal

Well, have you ever seen the Godwars claws code Zeno? Its basicly a toggle command to make your claws extend and retract, it augments your hand to hand damage and replaces it with clawing attacks while not allowing you to use weapons. I think that's the way claws should be coded in. Just a toggle that replaces weapons and allows you to do different techniques when active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2004, 12:11 pm 
Immortal

:x

Would you guys hush up about claws? I haven't gotten there yet :wink:

*sheesh* I'm working on a ZOO, for cripes sake. Think it didn't cross my mind?

Yes, there WILL be 'claw' equipment - some will most likely be weapons while others will possibly be gloves/boots. You'll havet to wait and see.

:idea:

While I'm mentioning it in the feedback forums:

To speed up my task a bit (zoo requires a LOT of mobs), and because others have mentioned wanting to build, I thought I'd offer you all a chance to contribute.

I want descriptions for the following animals (what you'd see if you looked at them - rules follow):

Dolphin
Seal
Sea Lion
Nurse Shark
Stingray
Sand Tiger Shark
Emperor Penguin
King Penguin
Panda
Gorilla
Orangutan
Chimpanzee
Komodo Dragon
Crocodile
Lion
Tiger
Leopard
Lobster
Sea Urchin
Moray Eel
Angel Fish
Sea Bass

Rules for descriptions:
- Descriptions are to be PM'd to me or e-mailed to gnalish@hotmail.com with the subject line IYG descriptions
- BARE MINIMUM of TWO lines of 80 characters each per description
- Each description should be ONLY what you would see when you are looking at the creature
- Each description should be in the THIRD person. No 'YOU see this...' - instead 'This is seen...'. Think about how you'd write a description for your character when you're doing this.
- No actions in descriptions. It's to be assumed that the dolphins and other aquatics are swimming, etc., but you can include it if its helpful to the description.
- Going back to the third person thing, I don't like forcing the viewer to do things - Seeing 'This dolphin moves through the water with quick flips of its tail.' is a far cry from 'You see the dolphin open its mouth to display rows of teeth in a smile as it looks at you.'

Any other questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me. As for any rewards...

Your reward will be that you get to walk through the area and say 'Hey, I wrote that!'. :D

Also, if anyone would like to contribute ideas for written materials one might find in a zoo (signs by animal enclosures, park brochures, etc., feel free to send those as well.

The sooner this gets finished, the sooner I can start another area, and the sooner we can go beta... 8) and beta is gooooooood...

[edit] Before anyone can ask - yes, I will be updating this as/if things come in :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2004, 10:45 pm 
Immortal

So basicly you're too lazy to come up with your own mobs and want other people to help? Ok =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2004, 7:31 am 
Immortal

Mandolo wrote:
So basicly you're too lazy to come up with your own mobs and want other people to help? Ok =)

No, I'm doing all the hard building stuff, like setting how much damage and stuff, but I've been having major writer's block of late, and descriptions aren't coming to me, so it's taking me a long time, which, as you can imagine, has certain people who will remain Zeno--er...nameless getting antsy to have areas done *cough*. :D

Anyway, it'll just make things go faster if I just have to copy/paste the descriptions. I figure it might also be a good way to test anyone who might be interested in helping... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2004, 10:56 am 
Immortal

LIES! LIES I SAY! We all know you're just too lazy to think... Everyone knows you're on a deadline! You can't pretend to not know what I'm talking about. Get your own ideas, moocher!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, when I clicked the all button, it told me I was trying to hack...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2004, 12:02 pm 
MUD Owner

Oh noes, you hax0r. Yeah, I'll have to fix that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2004, 7:31 pm 
Hey Daemaru, you forgot llamas, elephants, horse, and arctic bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2004, 7:39 am 
Immortal

Did not...they were considered, but I went in favor of more 'exotic' animals. Like Sea Bass and Lobster :shock: :D :roll: . I admit though that some of that list has changed. Also, if you have suggestions for public animals (besides squirrels, chipmunks, seagulls, and pigeons) feel free to post them or PM me or whatever with them and I'll consider them. Mobs is the one area where I still potentially have 'room to grow'.

However, as far as the 'captive' animals are concerned, I don't have any more room space to make 'cages' for them, so unless you'd like to contribute variants on the animals above (IE they could co-habitate), then I doubt any more will be added inthe immediate future.