Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Reiashi question
PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 10:03 pm 
Neo adventurer

As everyone knows there is an interesting flaw in the current system with reiashi.. that is having to follow around spirits for what seems like ages to get our reiashi until we reach something like.. 750 or so to unlock inject. Now considering that you can start training some moves like spiritual punch before you can get inject makes little sense since you won't be able to use it for at least another few hindered reiashi levels before you can actualy use it. now I just lucked out and got SA to 100% in a little under 8 hours but in that time i've only gotten 75 reiashi and 14 of those points came after i could see ghosts. The question i think that needs to be asked here is, why if i can learn it at 300 can't i use it at 300? Personally I'd like to see inject repress and emit all moved back into the 200s range.

As i see it right now chasing down spirits is, even with the no idle following rule on spirits, is just the most mind numbing way of gaining strength ever and subject to botting. It would be a simple bot too, just make a timer that sends two commands to the game just before idle out. score and look do come to mind as the most unnoticed two to use.

NOTE: at the time of writing this i've only just gotten back into BIYG. first time in a little over a year since i played so if there's been any changes please tell me

Post subject: Re: The Reiashi question
PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 12:39 pm 
MUD Owner

Quote:
The question i think that needs to be asked here is, why if i can learn it at 300 can't i use it at 300?

The system isn't finished yet. In the end, people would be able to be born in Soul Society and start off with emit/inject and the sort before 300, thus why there are skills like that before you can learn inject in the human realm.

Quote:
As i see it right now chasing down spirits is, even with the no idle following rule on spirits, is just the most mind numbing way of gaining strength ever and subject to botting. It would be a simple bot too, just make a timer that sends two commands to the game just before idle out. score and look do come to mind as the most unnoticed two to use.

Yeah, it's slow. But it has to be, we have to control the pace of the Bleach content until we can get more. Right now we have no builders so a lot of things are held behind.

Post subject: Re: The Reiashi question
PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 1:07 pm 
Neo adventurer

well I've been a builder on SMAUG and SWR muds before in the past so i have an understanding of how to build an area, Zeno if you need a builder then all i really still need to learn how to do is quests and scripting. Do you still want people to post on the Gboard to apply to be a builder?