Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: just some thoughts.
PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 5:58 pm 
Fellow player

Ok, first suggestion.

1. Make it so that skills that "Fail" cost nothing.
2. Make it so that ranged sense when it "proc" if said person has a shard it should show the room they are occupying with a ! instead of a *.
3. Make ranged sense have different colored ! or different symbols based on the location of said shard. rather in a mob, a person, or on the ground, or have deep sense tell you that. either way very helpful.
4. Do away with the whole, change race, drops your proficiency in skills stuff..thats kinda gay...and for 150 shards, thats even more gay. Not to mention certian skills dont even work period. I think that if your a human and you go clear to Youkai, you should be able to use all human skills. and vice-versa. Your still the same person or "soul" in a sense, so not being as good with the skills you already mastered just kinda sucks.

Ok, thats all for now. I will think of more as I play, more.

Post subject: Re: just some thoughts.
PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 1:09 am 
Voyager

1- Attempting a skill and failing still expends energy of some kind so free fails would be pretty broken.
4- Same soul different body. Bodily limitations cause of races are almost always apparent.

glad ur still enjoying the game.

Post subject: Re: just some thoughts.
PostPosted: September 6th, 2012, 3:04 am 
Fellow player

To your 1st point.

I can't say I fully agree with this. It would make skill-spam-training a thing. And we want it to be somewhat time-consuming. Remember that all skills have different learning ratios. Some don't cost anything by default.

To your 2nd and 3rd point.

Are you saying to replace "*" with "!" if the shard picked up by ranged sense is in the same room as you? I can agree this would be nice to see. Different color schemes for the "!" sounds like an excellent solution.

To your 4th point.

I personally feel that Race Changes should be removed. While some complain that 150 shards is not worth it, we all know it is a minuscule requirement. And it is immediately available to anyone, at any time. However, if skills from other races were ENTIRELY REMOVED upon race change from a person's skill-list, I wouldn't be so opposed to race changes.

The MUD, as any other social online game, thrives on groups and group composition. Being able to change races willingly and retain skills from previous races, at best, lowers (if not removes) the need to group in certain scenarios. And in my opinion this just takes away the appeal of each race, since everyone ends up being human for the ability to heal and cast Reiatsu based skills and spells. (I suppose though, with any other argument, we should keep in mind that the game is in beta. Anything is subject to change.)

In a nutshell, I feel races should retain their "uniqueness." Because as it stands, race selection is cosmetic, at best.

On a whole 'nother side-note, our Multi-Class system behaves exactly the same as race changing, currently. I think this is fine. However, I would consider removing the skill-cap on class-based skills (for off-spec classes), if and when race changing changes to something similar what I have mentioned above. No point in being a "master" at two separate classes (styles), if you are capped in one of your classes by 50%.

Besides! If you want to have everything, there is always the ability to make alternate characters. It's not like there is a cap or limit on that.