Yes 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Needs Improvement (Comment Below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Shikon no Tama Shards and Alignment
PostPosted: March 10th, 2013, 10:29 am 
Fellow player

-=Redesign for Shikon Shards and Alignment=-

Purpose: To place a significant importance in a player's alignment as well as place value in Shikon no Tama shards, while adding more up-time on lethal flags, potentially enabling more PK.

1st Change: Permanent Alignment

- Alignment is selected upon creation. Current/existing characters may select their alignment via a prompt. (Such as Reiatsu color auras, when they were introduced.)
- May be changed as a job commodity. (See below.)
- Alignment will -not- fluctuate upon killing NPCs or PCs.

2nd Change: Shard Alignment Semi-Permanent

- Shards will no longer convert alignment periodically. Instead, they remain as they are. They may be changed conveniently through great focus and time. (See below.)
- Shards may only be embedded if alignments match. (IE: Devout players may ember purified shards. Devout players may -not- ember tainted/shikon shards.)
- Shikon Shards retain their Tainted/Purified/Neutral state when embedded or attached to a weapon/armor.
- Attaching Purified Shards to weapons or armor will add a (new) item flag; (Purified).
- Attaching Tainted Shards to weapons or armor will add a (new) item flag; (Tainted).
- Attaching Neutral Shards to weapons or armor (already) add the item flag; (Shining).

3rd Change: Alignment Based Skill

- Purify; This skill may be used by devout-aligned players to slowly purify a shikon/tainted shard. This skill will place the player on a channeled state (similar to that of reading a book.)
- Taint; This skill may be used by evil-aligned players to slowly taint a shikon/purified shard. This skill will place the player on a channeled state (similar to that of reading a book.)
- Neutralize; This skill may be used by neutral-aligned players to slowly neutralize a tainted/purified shard. This will place the player on a channeled state (similar to that of reading a book.)
- The longer these skills remain active, the faster a shard will purify/taint/neutralize.
- Players may only use the skill pertaining to their alignment.

4th Change: New Job Commodity

- Change Alignment: This commodity costs 500 JP.
- Players may retain the ability to purify, taint or neutralize a shard regardless of alignment.
- Players may only use the skill pertaining to their alignment.

-=Additional Propositions=-

1st Change: Significantly Reduce Embed limit

- 150 embed limit per limb is too extreme.
- Based on reduction of embed limit, increase potency of shikon shards embedded in limbs. (IE: 1 Shard on arms = 2-5 Vigor instead of 1 Vigor.)

2nd Change: Alignment Based Weapons/Armor

- Certain weapons may be considered Good or Evil.
- Only shards of the corresponding alignment may be attached to these weapons.
- No outstanding difference between regular weapons and armor, except potential bonuses and weapon skills.

Post subject: Re: Shikon no Tama Shards and Alignment
PostPosted: March 10th, 2013, 11:48 am 
Neo adventurer

Character name: Jodeas
I like the over all idea. Having to work to change the alignment of shards isa great thing. There a re a couple of things added on in there that bother me a little; namely setting the alignment at creation and having aligned weapons.

You brought up having the weapons be alignment based. Would this mean that you would make more weapons in this likeness, or that you would take the existing weapons and change them. The best weapons in the game right now are pretty set, and for an example, the warlords blades are used by both myself and Secoiya, the difference being that Secoiya is +1000 alignment, and I am at -1000. We both use the same weapon. If this change comes to pass, will one of us not be able to use said weapon?

I like the idea of having our alignment effect the weapons we have, but not the other way around. I feel like if we have to choose our alignment at the get go, we would be restricted to one set of weapons, aside from the fact that some cannot be used by different races. I see this making the availabilityof weapons for players rather difficult and confusing. While most of us would get it, we are trying to attract more players, and adding that may be enough to throw them off.

That being said, if my soul is tainted, and I add my tainted shards to a weapon, it should taint it. I absolutely love that idea, it begs for some kind of spiritual 'sync' between player and weapon; having an increased chance to hit or damage, the like.

One last note on this. I think that the shards attached to the weapon should change the alignment of the weapon, not the other way around. As I stated above, it cuts players off from certain good weapons. It would also reduce the amount of new weapons that would need to be created to make the races/alignments equalized.

My other concern is that if we lower the embed cap, which I agree is a little rediculous right now, and raise the stats that it gives, it will adversely effect the want to use the full shikon for stat gains. I'm at that stage that I'm trying to get shards for stats through the no tama. If I could embed 50, and get 150 stats worth from it, sacrificing 150 for 90 stats would just seems like a waste of some perfectly good shards.

All in all, I love the idea. Just think a couple of adjustments would be nice. I'll hold off voting for now, becuase I really want to vote yes, but can only vote once. Don't wanna waste it on a needs improvement.

I think that's everything I had, if I remember anything else I will post again.

-Bobby

PostPosted: October 28th, 2013, 11:20 pm 
Voyager

I like it as is.
Would it take twice as long to purify a tainted shard? As in having to neutralize it before it can be purified.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 2:03 am 
Voyager

Character name: Severina
150 per limb is not overkill...

Juan and whoever else are walking shards IS overkill

When Demonic Regen is fixed to stop being useless, I'll change my argument

Til then, I'm going to be shoving shards in my neck til I'm walking around with a shikon

also having to spend JP on shards is fucking cruel.