All times are UTC - 5 hours

Good Idea?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Jobs and such
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 5:53 pm 
Fellow player

I have been doing the jobs and such and I was thinking that the timers on the job system should be reconsidered...I personally think their shouldn't be timers.

Also, I was thinking that instead of offering yen you should give something like "JP" or job points or somthing to that effect, I was thinking that the JP should be able to to be traded and barded with, as well being able deposite them into a bank or donate them to the clan. pretty much same as yen but way more valuable, like you get like 10-30 per job depending on how hard the job was.

Speaking of clans, I think clans should be alot harder to make than they are, or atleast cost more. When I sit back and look at the clans we have now. Any low lvl idiot can rack up the yen to make a clan in a matter of minutes. And the way it is it makes it to where we have 20 clans with 4-6 members in each clan and half of them are complete newbs thinking they're cool by leading a pathetic excuse for a clan. If that is done, I believe that Clans should have rating. with bonuses to the members of the clan for the higher the rateing, the rating should be affected by the ammount of members, the members lvl, Yen and JP donated to the clan, and so forth. I can give you an example

Rating Benefit
125000 Clan HQ regenerates move twice as fast (perminate fire at the clan HQ)
170000 Ability to cast clan spells (clancast)
180000 10 Percent Experience bonus
200000 Corpse retrival (clancorpse)
325000 Clan Healer (NPC Healer in clan off room)
400000 20 Percent Experience bonus
500000 AND < 3000JP Clan Sanctuary (safe from pkiller)
500000 AND > 3000JP Pkill Clan

These features is under consideration:
o Customised clan equipment
o Clan shop selling various potions/equipments
o Clan Guardian (stands out side clan area, Sesh powerful)
o Clan tatoo (a permanent wear location cant be removed or looted.) Gives Plus to stats takes say 500k yen and 500 JP from the clan donation

Rating = F/(5*(30+T)) + A*50 + L*10; where
F - clan fund (Max Rating from fund is 150k)
A - clan jp (Max Rating from KP is 150k)
T - total number of members (member in waiting not included)
L - total level of all the members

BTW clan creation Costs JP and Yen. i would say initial creation 5mill yen, 5k JP, If you want a clan your going to have to work for it.

Well, what do yall think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 6:38 pm 
Fellow player

I like the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 9:13 pm 
MUD Owner

There needs to be balance, thus there are timers.

Yes, JP is planned and has been for a while.

Why should clans cost money? Personally I was thinking of having anyone able to make them. And JP should have nothing to do with clans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 7:55 am 
Fellow player

Hell yeah...really cool idea!If it's posible to implement this i think it should definetly be done...Thus competition between clans wouldn't be limited to PK and taunts.Jobs should have lower cooldown times IMO but timers should still exist...and clans should be indeed harder to make...

Like I said,i think it's an excelent idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 9:46 am 
Balance is why i said Lower the prizes for jobs. If you only get a few JP per job it wouldn't be balanced if you had to wait 30 mins to take another job or 5 mins just cuz they "don't have a job available." You don't go to work and your boss say sorry you just did a quick task why don't you take off and come back in 30 mins. or thx for coming in but kick back for 5 mins and I will find you something to do.

and Don't make it JP cuz "Job points" are way too unrealistic, make it something like "Ri" or GC "Gold coins" or another form of currency. Which is what Jobs should give you, I higher form of "Currency" and if Clans Cost yen it should cost "JP" the higher form of currrency, just not as much as yen because you can rack up 5mill yen in a matter of 8 straight hours of play or so. and 5k JP would be a harder task.

I think, clans should be more expensive so that a clan actually means something, and giving the bonuses for the clans makes them worth the work that was put into them. And it prevents the Mud from having 20 different clans of newbs with 3 members in the clan. If you have 15 newb clans and 5 highbe clans then the newb clans won't get any where. Wouldn't it make more since to have the clans hard to make so the newbs would have to join the highbe clans, and under the supervision of the right highbies the newbs can learn the mud and how to raise stats and how not to be annoying and piss people off and cause problems. And in the same aspect they will feel better off and more welcome because they have a clan of highlevel members to help them and not a group of newbs that know less or the same as they do about the mud.

I guess, in a way I think it would help the problems of PK alot and so forth. Idk, that was just what I was thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 9:58 am 
MUD Owner

If you want realism, think of "Okay you just finished this task, give me a little bit to look around to give you something to do". So in terms of realism, the timer is fine.

JP will be JP, probably. The MUD is not going to be totally realistic. JP will be used to buy things such as more HP etc.

Quote:
If you have 15 newb clans and 5 highbe clans then the newb clans won't get any where.

That's your problem, if you can't get players into your clan then you aren't attracting them in the right way. Competition for players is one of the many things clans are involved with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 12:26 pm 
Immortal

The main part of your idea is to give more to clan hqs by giving them fires, safe rooms, healers, shops, eq, etc. This is something we haven't even decided we want to let you all have yet. Hell we haven't even let you create your own rooms yourself yet. Could Clans and Jobs be linked together yeah they could. Would it be annoying to have to go in and rip apart the clan system just to add the capabilities to do this yes it would. Are we going to do this HIGHLY doubtful. As Zeno said Clans are there for you all do use have fun with do your thing. We have no need to limit them any more than we already have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 6:35 pm 
Fellow player

That's my point, You say we can't have Clans specializations because we're not ready for it. Well, why arn't 90% of the clans capable of specializing the HQ's becuase any idiot can make a clan and do with it what they want, If you want people to make the rooms speced nicely then you have to make it so they arn't easy to make. I would never personally Implement My idea without raiseing to costs of Clans, the great stuff that the clan members would get is WAY to good for just any idiot to have. Thats why I reconmended it in the first place.

Currently all clans do for any1 is allow a small bit of order, and a clans channel for the members to talk to multiple people at the same time with out outside interferance, which is nice, and the way they are 100k yen is more than enough for what the clans offer, Which was my point, if a the clans offered what I proposed then they should cost alot more. You get more out of the deal, you should have to pay more for it.

I just gave you a well thought out Idea, with a starter formula and the basics of it, If you guys want to take it and use it feel free, if you don't, then don't.