Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 8:56 pm 
Fellow player

Also another thing I've been thinking about, class wise is... Cook up a "Chemist" and "Herbalist" class. The Chemist and Herbalist I guess in the end play pretty much the same role, they would use raw natural ingredients such as medicinal herbs to make healing vials and such. These would include potions which revive <stun-wise> a character back to one HPs. Other would cure poison, or blindness, or even mental state. These classes would also help expand the variaty in poison types. And maybe even help the limb system if well planned out.

Many of a Herbalist or Chemists skills would be done through a syntax, and not automatically. So Gaining CP for these classes would be a tad bit more complicated. But well worth it in the long run. Here are some ideas regarding a Herbalist and Chemist:

Locate herbs/<other name> : This skill would help a herbalist in their herb picking. It would show them what type of herbs they can collect and how well abundant the herb is in that area.

Mix: This would combine one item and another to make a more effective one. It would require some type of tool to make it work though.

Poison vail/Blinding vail: These vails are conjured to add a status effect on a target, bestowing them with poison and/or blindness.

I'm kinda short on ideas for these ones. But never the less I will think some more up for later. Add in your ideas if you have any to spare.

-Alexander Leon

Post subject: Knights
PostPosted: December 13th, 2005, 10:24 am 
There were no knights in feudal Japan. Make it warriors. I guess humans could do good/evil samurai, but it doesn't exactly work for hanyou/youkai. Guess you'd just have to align good/evil hanyou/youkai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2005, 5:45 pm 
MUD Owner

We already have a Warrior type class; Combatant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2006, 5:02 am 
Fellow player

well i dont know what the japanise calvary was called but i think since we have mount we should have a valvery class of some sort this class would gain a bonuse from mouned attacks as for skills i have none as of yet but i plan on dooing research and getting back on this once but luckly since there are many other classes ahead of this pathetick excuse for a idea i have time :P but i still think we need some sort of mounted class

Simzarian Alderack

Post subject: Class: Channeler
PostPosted: January 18th, 2006, 5:56 am 
I would like to see a Channeler class, for whatever race the management deems appropriate.

Channelers would be a "magical" class, and their skills reflecting such. They would specialize in transfering energy... or converting one form to another. mediocre melee attacks and parry, but good dodge and counter.

Skill examples:

health gift - sacrifice your HP to heal a mob/player

pass chi - transfer some chi to mob/player

envigorate - refresh moves with chi

blood rush - sacrifice hp for moves

regenerate - a standard heal (costs chi, heals self or other)

blood sacrifice - sacrifice some HP to give yourself or another a quick chi boost.

health strike - sacrifice HP to deal a hefty blow

backlash - reflects some % of magical damage back to the caster

life drain - steal HP

drain chi - umm... obvious

etc....

Post subject: Re: Class: Channeler
PostPosted: January 18th, 2006, 9:23 pm 
Fellow player

Calic wrote:
I would like to see a Channeler class, for whatever race the management deems appropriate.
<snipped>
Skill examples:
health gift - sacrifice your HP to heal a mob/player
pass chi - transfer some chi to mob/player
envigorate - refresh moves with chi
blood rush - sacrifice hp for moves
regenerate - a standard heal (costs chi, heals self or other)
blood sacrifice - sacrifice some HP to give yourself or another a quick chi boost.
health strike - sacrifice HP to deal a hefty blow
backlash - reflects some % of magical damage back to the caster
life drain - steal HP
drain chi - umm... obvious
etc....

Hmm, I don't know about the channeler class idea itself (though it's not a bad idea), but I like some of those spells/skills, and if Zeno, and Calic, don't mind, I may borrow a few of them for new spells on my mud... :)

Though I think I've already got a couple of them in place, especially the etc.... ;)

Teacher: Smaug Institute - tcdbbs.zapto.org:4218

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2006, 4:55 pm 
The Chuck Norris class for all our WoW rejects :shock:

no but seriously... i like the alignment idea a little, but it may get confusing if say someone goes from hell knight to paladin... unless it was stricktly cosmetic, i.e. the skills or whatever change in name but have the same effect... something to think about i guess...

trying to come up with an actual idea... hmmm... dont think a 'tamer' style class was mentioned for humans, that would be good... and what else... do we have trader-like classes? some people (i personally can't understand them) absolutely hate having to fight in online games, so they prefer to be traders who only occasionally battle... idk just giving some input, correct away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 28th, 2006, 9:59 pm 
Fellow player

An assassin class might be interesting. Skills could include:

Backstab- sneak attack with a bladed weapon. Can only be used to initiate combat and gives a bonus to combat abilities for 1-2 rounds.

Ambush- Used while being hidden. Ambush command is used plus target's name. When target enters the room the assassin uses a sneak attack like backstab (but with any weapon) and begins to hunt.

Disguise- Can be used to make the user appear as a different race, as well as to make stats appear higher or lower (dependent on skill level, max 50 points)

Hunt- Allows the user to follow the target room by room.

Post subject: Ninja / Rouge / Assassin classes
PostPosted: September 30th, 2006, 6:16 pm 
Fellow player

I have several ideas in regards to these type of classes, since they are the ones that call my attention most. Call it a Ninja, a Rouge or an Assassin, they pretty much act in the same fashion. Sneaky little SOBs that sneak about stalking their targets and ambushing them. In here, I will mention some of the skills and traits the class(s) may have for the future.

Name: Stalk
Effect: Allows you to stalk a target. It would rather much work like your avarage 'follow' command, only the person will not recieve the message of '$n now follows you.' or whatever. With Sneak and hide, this skill could be very useful. Also, Stalk would be a requirement to be able to activate other skills, such as the next one I have in mind. Another thing, while stalking a target, I would anticipate it would consume a bit more stamina upon movement, but no delay (lag), because of course, you are following (stalking) them.

Name: Ambush
Effect: With stalk activated, the user will be able to ambush their target, causing an automatic 'critical' blow to the target. A simple critical hit upon activating is more than enough to be the effect of this skill. Automatically upon using Ambush, the effects of stalk would wear off, and combat would have of course been initiated by then. I believe the skill would be based off agility, and would consume a decent amount of stamina according to the agility level of the user. This may also determine overall damage for Ambush.

Name: Pick-pocket
Effect: C'mon... Not much to share about it. You're stealing from someone's inventory/money pouch! :D You should be able to pick what you are willing to steal from, the money pouch or the targets inventory. The max allowed percent of success in this ability should be a 50%. But along side Intelligence and Agility, it should improve (lean) more torwards success. Inventory items having a higher chance of being more valueble, it is more likely to get caught stealing, however, the money pouch should be less more difficult to rob. The syntax could be 'pick-pocket $n inventory/money' or something similar. Also, to allow a chance at retaliation, the skill would have a delay. Giving the target a chance to attack the user. This is one of those skills in which the user MUST be lethal. But I don't think it should also mean the target has to be lethal also... But then again, that's just me. I always thought people could fight and always have a fair chance at anyone in this game. Whichever the case may be, give it some thought.

Sneak and Hide could be moved to this chain of classes also. Since it is more fitting, along with Poison Weapon and Conceal Weapon.

As for class level ups, I think Stamina would be the main bonus for this class. That, and little to no Health bonus. Whichever.

And as for a cool trait, while A ninja / Rouge / Assassin, you should drop less Yen than usual when you flee, that, or none at all :twisted:

Anyways, that's all I got for now.

Post subject: I reserve the right to be a nub
PostPosted: December 19th, 2006, 10:17 am 
Neo adventurer

Disclaimer: I don't know a hell of a lot about a hell of a lot, so I'm not guaranteeing my suggestions will be useful in any way.

That said, I've always favoured the idea, if not the precise execution, of a class that doesn't necessarily have to be where its target is. A Psychic class, or something similar.

I also favour slightly gimmick-y ideas.

So, I propose a Psychic class.

In terms of default combat mechanics, the Psychic would work similarly to a Mage-type character. They go where the enemy is, burn their mind to a crisp, and done. However, part of the ability of a Psychic is to establish Contact with a mind- this can be done from anywhere in the same general area and provides both benefits and detriments.

The benefit is that some powers can be used on the Contacted target without having to be in the same cell. To make it fair, if the Psychic was given the capability to kill a target at range it would take a significant amount of time to do so. More likely, Contact gives the Psychic the ability to cause minor damage to the target, a few detrimental afflictions (example: Insomnia, an ability that temporarily prohibits sleep or rest, may be cast through Contact), and more importantly, gives the Psychic the ability to track the target's movements and general status.

Contact could allow such things as: Displaying a line of colour-formatted text to the target (ability Illusion, perhaps causing them to believe that giant Youkai over there is about to take their face off), forcing them to make a single action (certain actions can't be done. For example, the target cannot be forced to attack an ally, the target cannot be forced to *give* anything away or drop anything on the ground), showing the Psychic exactly what's happening to the target, Insomnia mentioned above, Nausea (stops them eating food), and so on.

The disadvantages of Contacting someone are, first, that the Psychic must by necessity be Lethal if their target is a player. Second, the Psychic will be completely incapable of doing anything that's not telepathic for the duration of the Contact and for 30 seconds afterwards. Third, the target can become aware of the Contact. Fourth, and finally, Contact takes up a lot of Chi / Jakai / Mana / Stamina / M&M's / Whatever it is you'd want it to use up.

There are two possible implementations for the target to become aware of the Contact. One: That the player themself must figure it out. In this implementation, every player gets a command called (for example) Paranoia. When used (may not be used in combat, while sleeping, or in certain other circumstances designed primarily so that it's not spammable) Paranoia tells the player where the Psychic who's Contacted them is. If there is no such Contact, then the player gets a "You sense no-one but yourself in your mind" message. This leaves it up to the player to figure out when someone's Contacted them.

The second implementation is that there's a chance per round or Psychic action that the target will become aware of the contact, based on either WIS or INT (at preference). Once aware, the target remains so until Contact is broken off and not re-established for a period of 2 minutes.

Under neither circumstance is the Psychic made aware that the target knows they've got someone else playing around in their skull.

Finally, Contacting someone in the same room as yourself provides a boost in strength to your normal combat Psychic powers (not the ones castable over Contact) to compensate for the fact that you are pretty much defenceless in all other regards. Mind you, it wouldn't be such a boost that it's a good idea to drop into Contact while someone angry is next to you, but it would be enough to hopefully kill someone you've hassled down to low health by commanding them to hit random mobs and keeping them from sleeping.

Now, frankly, I don't know if the codebase could handle this sort of idea. I don't know if you'd want to even if it could indeed be done, and I don't particularly know if it fits the setting of the MUD much either. It'd certainly take a lot of tweaking to the original concept to make it fit with the style of the surroundings, but I think it'd be a nice addition from a gameplay mechanic standpoint. Particularly for lazy, sneaky people such as myself who can't be bothered hiking over a hill to find someone.

My two cents, anyway. Feel free to ignore it, or scold me if someone's already mentioned it somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 3:41 pm 
Voyager

Will you have Shinigami as a class later on for Humans and Hanyou? If you want to know my ideas please tell me unless you are currently coding your own ideas for it as we speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 8:18 pm 
MUD Owner

Yes, Shinigami will be for every race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 8:32 pm 
Voyager

will you let us in on any of the details you have set for them sofar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 9:02 pm 
MUD Owner

It should be pretty obvious. Customize your Soul Slayer (name it), create Shikai/Bankai, other abilities, Soul Society ranks, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 9:47 pm 
Voyager

i wanted to see how many detail i could get out without you thinking that much into it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next