Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rarity Hierarchy idea
PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 4:26 pm 
Neo adventurer

Character name: Dakeyras
I was thinking that instead of making the rarity of an item known to all players through the description or [TAG], it would be more subtle if the rarity were to only be shown through the identify spell. This would keep special items from being broadcast to all other players.

Ideally, if you have a special item and you want to keep it a secret then the only way to know how special it is would be if other players were to own the same item, identify, and broadcast that information to other players.

Considering the heavy PK theme of this MUD, I think a little discretion would be valuable to dedicated players.

Post subject: Re: Rarity Hierarchy idea
PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 6:29 pm 
Fellow player

Veggieoil wrote:
I was thinking that instead of making the rarity of an item known to all players through the description or [TAG], it would be more subtle if the rarity were to only be shown through the identify spell. This would keep special items from being broadcast to all other players.

Ideally, if you have a special item and you want to keep it a secret then the only way to know how special it is would be if other players were to own the same item, identify, and broadcast that information to other players.

Considering the heavy PK theme of this MUD, I think a little discretion would be valuable to dedicated players.

I originally suggested for this to be the case, however, it was rebuked for a number of reasons.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2014, 4:15 am 
Fellow player

Character name: Akatosh
Alex, I know you want the rarity of items to be distinguishable, but I would like to bring up a point.
Basically, I think the white normal items lacking a rarity tag would obviously be Common. I think the difference would be noticed between "a wakazashi" (in white) and "(Uncommon) Kreg's silver ring" (with colors). Although, I do see the possibility of players wondering if there are 'secret' legendary items lacking the tags.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2014, 9:40 am 
Fellow player

Akatosh wrote:
Alex, I know you want the rarity of items to be distinguishable, but I would like to bring up a point.
Basically, I think the white normal items lacking a rarity tag would obviously be Common. I think the difference would be noticed between "a wakazashi" (in white) and "(Uncommon) Kreg's silver ring" (with colors). Although, I do see the possibility of players wondering if there are 'secret' legendary items lacking the tags.

The problem with common items utilizing any form of color, or lack tags, is that it doesn't cater to our visually impaired players. They won't be able to easily distinguish the difference between (Trash) items (which serve no purpose other than vendor fodder) and (Common) items which serve some sort of purpose.

Post subject: -
PostPosted: June 25th, 2022, 3:22 am 
Neo adventurer

I was thinking it would be a new subsection. I know there are many already, but this could be relly cool. Maybe Coordinate with Direlda for a video or podcast to start each thread.  Man that was january?