Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2005, 5:45 pm 
Fellow player

Ok i have thought a fair bit on humans and i keep coming to the same conclusion any thing a human can do a hanyou or youkai can do better. Which is part of the problem with human only skills there has only been one thing that stuck out so far in the show that humans seem to be able to do that youkai and hanyou cant and thats to instantly purify/taint shards. Admitdly this would probobly be more of a class skill but its all i have been abile to come up with skill wise.

so for shits and giggles here it is

Shard taint/puify
class:any Race:Human level 50 Chi cost:250 +5% of max
max skill level:50%

this skill would instantly alter the alignment of a shard from what it is to the alignment of the user. It could have a chance of ocuring as soon as one picks up the shard with the use of a configure option or done manually.

alternatively you could also allow the user to select an alignment to change the shard to but that might be a bit unrealistic not sure. This would also help to put humans in demand again after the current skills are transfered over to class skills.

sadly as I pointed out before humans just are not superior to demons and youkai skill wise. What you may end up having to do is that you will have to give them other advantages like enhanced exp gains or stat gains, purification immunities, exp loss cut on death, more classes open only to human are examples of what could be done to make up for there lack of skills. I will keep trying to find some skills though its not a easy task.

also as a side note rescue needs to be made usable in battle. What could be done to help balance it out is while rescuing someone you are made more easy hit for the next round or two as you are distracted

Simzarian Alderack

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2006, 4:57 am 
Fellow player

ok these are just a few skills i think might help out a bit

Headbutt class:classless stance:NA Level:30+
clevel:NA
Weapons:any
hits:1 HP:NA Jacke/chi:NA Stamina:NA
stat REQ's:NA Lag:low ( about 1 pulce) Initiates combat:NA
Affects NA
just your average every day headbutt nothing truly spectacular but I think it fits better then bite for humans basacoly for those who dont know what a headbutt is you take your head lean back then slam it forward with all your might into your apponet. its damage would probobly be simaler to that of bite also for shards you could ether increase the damage for it in neck or you could move bite from head to neck and make shards in head affect headbutt ether way though i think headbutt should be put in.

Protecet class:Guardian stance:standard/offensive Level:NA
clevel:15+
Weapons:NA
hits:NA HP:NA Jacke/chi:NA Stamina:NA
stat REQ's:NA Lag:NA Initiates combat:NA
Affects NA
protect would be used much like block only group members who are not in direct combat use it ( aka are fighting but not taking the damage ) what this would do is they would block like with block only they would jump in front of blows to protect there team mate taking the damage instead. i would sagest that you dont allow its % to go much beond 50% though to help keep it balanced

Taunt class:Guardian stance:standard/resistive Level:NA
clevel:10+
Weapons:NA
hits:NA HP:NA Jacke/chi:25+2%ofmax Stamina:NA
Affects NA
this skill would be an attempt to enrage the apponent into attacking you instead of someone else ( sort of like rescue only the mob changes) the mob would do more damage for the round taunt was used about 1.5 more i think would be adaquit

Strike Stance Class:classless stance:NA Level:40+
weapons:any
affects +15% hitroll -10% damroll -5% evaid
the strike stance is a stance that allowes one to more effectvly target ones ennimy letting them hit more often but at the sacrafice of damage and evaid.
damage recived from attacks in this stance would be the same as damage recived in standerd stance.

Evasive stance class:classless stance:NA Level:40+
Weapons:any
Affects +15%evaid -10% damroll -5% hitroll
the evasive stancce is a stance that improves ones nateral agility allowing them to furthere evaid blows that normal dodging alone couldent but at the sacrafice of both acuracy and damage. the damage recived in evasive stance is the same as that of standard stance

Simzarian Alderack