Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spell Seal
PostPosted: December 7th, 2006, 10:10 pm 
Neo adventurer

Well, spell seal has been a pet peeve of mine for awhile, but even I can agree it is a spell that should stay, and I wouldn't bother contesting it.
However, humans rely on their spells in combat, and being sealed for sevel hundred rounds is completely crippling. There should be some sort of seal dissolution, or cancel seal, that will, naturally, cancel the spell seal. Of course there would be some restrictions, to keep spell seal from becoming useless. For instance, using the cancel seal skill could be made to only work out of combat, of course, and also maybe require you not to be flagged as recently being in a pvp fight, or make it so that you must be like, sitting, and it require a couple rounds to cast. Just a little suggestion, I hope someone finds it useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2006, 11:05 pm 
MUD Owner

I think that I had planned a counter measure, but I don't know if I started the code or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2006, 11:34 pm 
Neo adventurer

omg yay :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2006, 9:16 am 
Fellow player

in my opinion, if there is an erase seal skill to be put in, i say that someone cannot use it on themselves. another person must use it on them. second i think this skill should be able to be used in combat(since it would have to be used by someone else on the person who is sealed) but at a reduced success rate. i think success rate(beyond what the skill can get up to) should be determined by wisdom. third is that since spell seal duration is determined by the users int is the reason i say erase seal should be determined by wisdom and why the chance for it to work would be based on how powerful the spell seal is vs how high your skill in erase seal is and how high your wisdom is. having it so that others must use it on the sealed person would aslo encourage grouping(atleast for humans). ah one last addition i thought of, erase seal should not completely rid the seal from the person, but should reduce its duration with each success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 4:19 pm 
Voyager

How about something on the lines of what Ichigo did in the first episode of Bleach? Use his sheer willpower to break the binding placed on him. I know he's an exceptionally powerful character with unfathomable soul power... It could be something requiring a quest or something to learn the skill from a hidden master or enlightened being? The balance could be a high Chi cost, which would also mean that this would be a human only skill. Maybe it could cost some Stamina as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 5:58 pm 
MUD Owner

That would just be your basic "struggle" command to get out of binds. It'll be in later, but wouldn't be used on spell seal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 11:02 pm 
Voyager

Ah, okay. Well, I'd say then that the next best idea would be Xero's idea to have a skill that can break the spell seal, but that'd require an ally to cast... How about... a skilled called "Hidden Mind" that uses an ancient technique to utilize the mind to mentally contain the spell seal itself in a "maze" inside a person? It'd take a lot of concentration and maybe a constant Chi cost? Just trying to help come up with an idea... It sounds neat, not sure if anyone would like it or find it appropriate though.