Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Final Fantasy VII Remake For PS3
PostPosted: November 4th, 2005, 12:59 am 
Fellow player

This seems to be a popular in-game topic, so why not?

My thoughts? FFVII for the PS3 would be a huge deal. After seeing the screenshots of the demo that has been made, and the detail of the characters has just furthered that thought.

I just so happened to be going to the library, and I said, "Hmm.. EGM is a good magazine, I'll just get the most recent 3 issues (Because you can only get 3 of the same type of magazine). So I have the August, September, and October issues. In the October 2005 issue, it just so happens that the cover story is about FFVII , with all about Advent Children, Crisis Core, Vincent: Dirge of Cerberus, and the rumors surrounding the FFVII remake.

In the half-page that it was on, it was made known that Square-Enix has "re-created the opening CG cinema from the PS1 game in vastly improved form, all of it rendered in real time on the PS3 hardware."

It would make sense to be making the game, right? I mean, you're re-creating the whole opening cinematic and making a demo, so you'd think so. But it went on to say that it hasn't been confirmed that the demo was "anything more than a theoretical showcase." They said that if they were to remake the game, it would take a team of "300 people and it would take about five years."

That's quite a long time. The PS3 would have come and gone by then, I think. But that doesn't mean they haven't already been working on it for some-odd years.

FFVII Director Yoshinori Kitase: "In a PS3 FF game, we'll be able to have such incredibly detailed character models that when you change their clothing and equipment, we'll be able to carry that look throughout battles, fields, and cinema scenes."

But, it is not likely that FFVII will be PS3's opening project. They are reportedly going to make Final Fantasy XIII before they do so.

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2005, 7:48 am 
MUD Owner

I'd like it. It'd make sense to happen. Nomura said:
Quote:
The PS3 tech demo was actually not the perfect forum that he wanted to have. It was just timing that we had to submit something in time for E3, for the press conference. So, again, it was not perfect forum. And the 7 remake idea was always, always in conversation, just because it's so popular. And then just because of that tech demo here in the PS3 conference, that probably based more expectations of fans, obviously. And Kitase-san already has told Nomura-san so many times that if there is a remake, that should be created by Nomura. But, again, Nomura-san has so many other projects lined up already in the future schedule, so it's almost impossible to think about that and squeeze that in. But if there is a right time, it would be interesting to create.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 2:29 pm 
Voyager

They are coming back to the raped series and planing on salting its wounds. Why can't they just leave FF7 as the awesome gem it is and come up with and even better story and game for ps3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 8:33 pm 
Because Dexs, that would require thinking, and that dosent appear to be one of Square Enix's strong points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 3:31 pm 
Fellow player

Draxs wrote:
They are coming back to the raped series and planing on salting its wounds. Why can't they just leave FF7 as the awesome gem it is and come up with and even better story and game for ps3?

That would require FF7 to be as awesome as fanboys think it is. So many flaws would be rectified with the visual makeover, but the storyline is still crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 8:22 pm 
Neo adventurer

Not just that but the story is exactlly the same, and the combat format is almost entirely same and the thing is that the graphics for it are gonna be improved so much and it will make it even more of one of the largest and most renown games ever just as it was before, however now it is just gonna be way up on the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 9:52 pm 
Fellow player

Inoshi wrote:
Not just that but the story is exactlly the same, and the combat format is almost entirely same and the thing is that the graphics for it are gonna be improved so much and it will make it even more of one of the largest and most renown games ever just as it was before, however now it is just gonna be way up on the list.

Yay for run-on sentences. The storyline wasn't good at all. An emokid hero with personality issues and a villain that acts exactly the same way does not a good story make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 10:31 pm 
Neo adventurer

I'm gonna guess you are the kind of person who likes Final Fantasy VIII aren't you and just so you know Tidus and Cloud are almost exactlly alike so if your gonna boost about how good ten was you should make sure to play both games throughly and pay attention to the charcter personality and XII so far is the best one yet , it just take's time to get use to the gamble format.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 11:14 pm 
Fellow player

I'm very confused here, what exactly are you trying to say? First you identify his opinion with liking eight, then you compare seven to ten, then you say he's boasting when he never even mentioned any of the other titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 11:24 pm 
Fellow player

Inoshi wrote:
I'm gonna guess you are the kind of person who likes Final Fantasy VIII aren't you and just so you know Tidus and Cloud are almost exactlly alike so if your gonna boost about how good ten was you should make sure to play both games throughly and pay attention to the charcter personality and XII so far is the best one yet , it just take's time to get use to the gamble format.

I hate 8 more than I hate 7.

Tidus and Cloud are nothing alike. Cloud goes through a good portion of the game being all emogoth and whining about Sephiroth. Tidus, at least, resolves to follow fate in the first, oh, hour or so of gameplay. He decides to follow wherever things go, and hope that they go home.

Also, learn English more.