Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Would you ever consider fighting yourself?
Yes 93%  93%  [ 14 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Depends on how mad I am at myself 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Fighting yourself
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 1:00 pm 
Fellow player

If you ever got the chance to... Somehow, in a extreme moment, be able to fight yourself. How would you see this fight turning out?

Would this split image of you be the good side? Or dark side?

Which do you see winning? Your original self? Or this "doppleganger"?

If you were to overcome the worst enemy of them all, yourself, what would you want your prize to be?

These are actual questions, I'd expect those able to answer to the best of their abilities. I am trying to cook up something, and it is nearly complete, however, I need suggestions. So, let's see what you guys have to offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 2:37 pm 
Fellow player

I personally believe that our good side and darker self coexist in a sort of balance,created by our ability to evaluate ourselves at any given moment...consciousness if you will...In whichever part the balance turns is entirely up to us.

However that does not exclude your subjective point of view on the matter.It's all down to how you view yourself in the end...the choices we make and all that...

Now if you're cooking something MUD-wise it's only appropriate that this alter-ego have the same powers as the player in question (although i know you already thought about that),and of course there would need to be something we gain from this fight...

We could have one such fight per level,where we could specify which side we should fight,each having unique skills we could acquire,or each increasing or giving a cirten boon ... (it would be interesting if thees fights were available like practice sessions are...I'm referring to the ability to stack them and use them whenever we feel appropriate)...

Anyway...the reward could consist of shards (although I don't think this would be the best approach to it as a lv 80 could gain 80 shards from the battles accumulated over the levels),stat gaining,skill mastering,hit roll/dmg roll increase...that sort of thing...Maybe yen too (though i can't really understand how fighting your inner demons/angels ...whichever the cease could yield financial gains)...

Additionally the fight could be initiated by a command that would spawn your ... alter ego (agro so it would attack you on summoning)...maybe with a little description on how you focus on finding your inner...whatever...(exemple command:*summon evil/good/balance* (balance being for those chaotic enough to not stand by any alignment)) or a command to summon this alter ego that would be in direct relation with your standing (evil,good,neutral...)

Anyway,that's my opinion on the subject...Hope it helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:24 am 
Fellow player

Opposite align as the original, in the case of neutral (AKA peace or indescrimitory) your dopple ganger would be like a super PK-er style fighter if you ahve fewer than 20 PKs or something, and 'peace' or shield and let opponent wear itself out style.

Seeing how I'd be up against evil (which wins except for an unrealalistic twist of fate) or a super PKer, I'd lose.

Prize? something better than shards. Perhaps a pouch that makes your yen less likely to be stolen? The only problem is that even with the decreases possiblility to be stolen if it is stolen the whole pouch is taken, but then you just peek at mobs to see which took it. I doubt there is anyone who wouldn't want that.

I don't like the once a level thing, perhaps special mirror objs that have a probability of the image stepping into the relm of 'normalicy' and you can either fight it or it will do thinks in your name, an evil one would take yen from your bank and make villages mad at you while a good one would make everyone look to you as someone who can do no wrong(but in an annoing sence). If you lose it respects it's victory and goes back to it's home thugh the mirror, same with if it loses. To stop it from doing unlike what the player would do the player has to find it's doppleganger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 4:33 am 
Neo adventurer

It wouldn't go well with the Inuyasha and Bleach themes. Fighting yourself though more than just striving to be better would be against both stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 5:25 pm 
Neo adventurer

Fighting yourself does play into Bleach, if or course Vizards are going to be added into the game, but then of course only shinigami would be able to use it. If you do ti your fighting your inner hollow then a prize could be new abilities or gaining stats. That 's of course if you tie the fighting yourself into the bleach theme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 8:50 pm 
Fellow player

All right. Though it took me two times to read through it, Kagomaru's post supplied SOME suggestions, though the idea on a prize was a bit far fetched. When you would come out, overcoming an enemy such as your own self, you won't simply "increase" in power. It just does not work that way. If you happen to "level" while fighting such a mob, then, hey! Cool beans! But you won't "instantly" be "recognized" by some "godly" entity, and be given more power than you had initially before fighting yourself. And yes, This IS taking your reply to the extreme, Kagomaru. It is simply done so it proves a point.

You reminded me of one bit of a quirk I will add to my project when I get to it, Hakuri, thank you deeply for it.

Tabathia, no one ever said this had to go in sync with Bleach OR InuYasha. It could just be the area's theme that suggests it being possible, ... However, if you want to get technical:

- InuYasha DID support the concept of an anti-existance in several characters. InuYasha himself suffered this through his Youkai blood. Though, it never went as "extreme" as his "youkai"-self pulling away from InuYasha, making a whole other being, InuYasha always did struggle fighting that side of him, in his own being, attempting to suppress it at any given time needed.

-In Bleach, Hollows exist. Hollows are basically, no better, than an anti-self of a character in this anime as well. Why do I say? Well, of course, the main Character, Ichigo shows us why. He, at some point in the series, becomes a hollow. But in the process of, through strong will, confines the hollow-self of him giving him "two" personalities. This is how _I_ view it, of course, but it is no different from the real deal.

So, the next time, think outside the box. kthx. :D

Again, Mr. Someguy. Things simply will not happen when you defeat yourself. You won't be given extra power by defeating this "anti" form of yourself. The most that could happen, at any given case; "You keep control of your persona". And can live HAPPILY EVER AFTER KNOWING IT! YAY! :D

In any case, thank you for the feedback, some of it will come in great use.

P.S. For the strong and able of BIYG, keep a look out in the following week or two. You may infact have to encounter such a battle. Though, by posts, and judging who posted, none of you will make it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 10:28 pm 
Fellow player

Wel i like the idea of fighting your self and it could just be the opposit of your alighnment and it could just have an int or wisdom gain from it since you over came your self becoming a more wiser and or better person and a more skilled fighter, it would help learn good skill combos though but what about people with shards how would there doppleganger work

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2007, 1:39 am 
Fellow player

Alex, I did? o.o um.. your welcome?

Int or wis, that's a really good idea Dad!

I was about to say it could be the new 'controlment' that all players would have to face and defeat. That of some sweet equip that is basically the anti of whatever you are currently wearing but once defeating yourself it either 1. merges with the origial and it then the neutral of both and super storng, or 2. the anti-self's equpt becuames stronger than yours because you defeated it's wearer? I don't think the anti-you can have better equip ment, but then again it could enter the game world naked(and find clothes no normal player can find) or with 'mirror-world' clothes. Accually it does sound right... :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 4:18 am 
Fellow player

Alexander wrote:
-In Bleach, Hollows exist. Hollows are basically, no better, than an anti-self of a character in this anime as well. Why do I say? Well, of course, the main Character, Ichigo shows us why. He, at some point in the series, becomes a hollow. But in the process of, through strong will, confines the hollow-self of him giving him "two" personalities. This is how _I_ view it, of course, but it is no different from the real deal.

I read the manga and it looked more like Ichi just had to find his shingami side, then the hallow side vanished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 8:41 am 
MUD Owner

Well you haven't read enough of the manga then. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 10:32 am 
Fellow player

Hehehe, yeah, you need to read more, and see why it is I say he has two "personalities". But I'll stop there. After "L's" death, I've become a real spoils giver. *shuts up*

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 11:36 pm 
Fellow player

I'm past the anime and I thought you guys went with the anime. o.O

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 6:44 am 
MUD Owner

You're past the anime? Ichigo clearly fights his Hollow side in the anime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 1:21 pm 
Fellow player

(The english anime)
Guess the anime did it differently than the manga.

Boy I'm good, first try at finding the chapter and I think I have the right one. o.o
Yep, I'm not sure what page to tell you to start on, but http://www.mangavolume.com/bleach/chapter-63/ covers at least the bulk of it. The first page or two of this chapter is refresh from the last, and it's not book 63 just chapter, it's in that 10 days of training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 6:42 pm 
MUD Owner

Oh, the dub. No, we follow the Japanese version not the dub.