Bleached InuYasha Galaxy

Forums for the MUD (biyg.org 1801)
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Reporting Issues with Areas
PostPosted: August 10th, 2010, 7:00 am 
Fellow player

First, I would like to thank anyone and everyone who immediately reports all malfunctioning content in the areas of the game. Sometimes it is difficult to make everything perfect. Trying to meet deadlines... trying to please everyone... Plus your own urge of wanting to see this new awesome content you have been working on for days, maybe weeks, in action gets the best of you. This is where you guys, the players of a Alpha stage game come in! So again, thank you for helping us a great deal in addressing issues that concern just about anything with the game.

I would like to talk about how to address this better, though. Because I've noticed a bad habit that doesn't seem to die easily.

Personal Gnotes: While I don't mind receiving gnotes from my lovely, lovely fans, I still don't agree as this being a proper way of letting me know something is not working in an area. There are a number of reasons for this. 1) The gnotes disappear after some time. 2) It is not where the content belongs, so I tend to acknowledge gnotes last.

Therefore, I would like to remind everyone that gnotes is not the proper way to report issues about areas. The best way you would contribute is by giving us some Feedback regarding the issue. In the forums, no topic ever decays and can be reviewed at any time. This gives us the flexibility we need to know what has to be worked on.

Bugs happen all the time. Be it area, or code. And bad things happen to people who abuse these. While it may not be much, for those who are honest enough to report them, you have our undying gratitude.

P.S. Posting any bug on the Bugs gboard IS acceptable. Regardless of area or code.

Post subject: Re: Reporting Issues with Areas
PostPosted: August 10th, 2010, 11:21 pm 
Fellow player

Character name: Futch
Now I wish everybody could use easily use the forums.
So the feedback forum I would imagine is where I will post..
I will compile everything i find wrong about an area before posting, as it is a pain to mess with the forums while playing. I suggest typing the problems in notepad then posting them on the forums.

Post subject: Re: Reporting Issues with Areas
PostPosted: August 11th, 2010, 4:13 pm 
Fellow player

Futcher wrote:
Now I wish everybody could use easily use the forums.
So the feedback forum I would imagine is where I will post..
I will compile everything i find wrong about an area before posting, as it is a pain to mess with the forums while playing. I suggest typing the problems in notepad then posting them on the forums.

Thank you. :)